Happy Birthday Phoenix

"Good morning my beautiful Birthday girl." My mom said coming in with coffee and cinnamon rolls. I sat up in bed and smiled. "Morning, and thank you." I said taking the coffee. "How do do feel being a legal adult." she said setting the tray down on my bedside table. "I dont' know what does this legalization give me?" I asked her setting my mug down and crawling out of bed and opening the balcony doors. The cool air feels great. I walked back over to my bed and grabbed my mug and headed outside. My mom came out and sat down with me. "Oh I guess we can talk about that some more later on after I get home from work." she said staring at me. I prompt my feet up. She was looking at a hot mess right now. I was never a morning person. "You have to work today? I thought you was off?" "Sorry babe, they called me in but we can do dinner tonight when I get home. I will make your favorite." she promised. "I would rather have you home." I told her. She got in her pocket. I put my cigarette down and took what she laid on the table.

"This from all three of us. Your dad, me and Fran." she explained. I opened the envelope. The card was beautiful and there was a visa card. I looked at her. "There is a number to call the balance. But I wrote it down.  Use it for whatever you want." she said  "Mom there is a$2,ooo.00 dollars on here."  "Dont' fight it, this is our gift for you. Your dad has one at his house when you go see him in a few weeks." she got up. I got up to and hugged her tight. "Thank you." I whispered snuggling into her neck. "I Love you Nix's, always and forever." she said. "DItto." I said with a chuckle. "I have to get to work, have a good day and I will see you tonight." she said leaving. I was finally 18 a legal adult. I looked at the time and realized it was to early to call my dad, well late for them anyway, yet it didn;t matter because my phone started ringing. "HI dad." I laughed. "What is so funny?" he asked. "I was just thinking it was to late to call and here you are calling." "How did you like your gift?" "Its to much." I told him sipping my coffee. "NO it is not. It should be more, but that is what we can all come up with." "I love it you don;t have to explain anything." 

"No more talking about that. Did you get your tickets and everything in order?" "Yes mom got them last night. Are you sure you don't mind my friend coming along?" "It is great, we have the room set up in my office." "I can't wait to see you guys." "We miss you too, kiddo. Happy Birthday my love." "Thanks daddy, give Fran my best." I set my phone down, and smiled. Fuck the time I am calling Kourtney. 

"Hello women!" "Women I know its your day and all but it is to fucking early." "Come pick me up I have money to burn and shopping to do. I will buy you breakfast." I told her. Kourtney got her license last week. Her brother fixed up a beater car, its nice and gets us around. Since the pool fun, I have only seen Aries a few times mostly when he was entertaining a girl or just walking past. He was keeping his distance. I wasn't upset though, I get it. I am trying to keep my distance as well. That dance really did something to me.  I was starting to get obsessed with him, googling him and his family but mostly him. Dance and gymnastics was helping me stay away. Competitions were only a few months away and I had to be perfect so I can make it into Julliard. 

Coming out of the shower my hair wrapped in a towel I put on a school type plain skirt that was red and gray with a red top  that showered my awesome tan and stomach. i scrunched my hair making my natural curls stand out, I always would straighten it but today I felt different. I finished my make up when Kourtney came into my room. "Wow bitch you look fantastic." she gazed at me. "Whole new me today, I am now an adult." I smiled putting a pair of Timberland boots on with a high heal, they were black and my favorite boots. "You look great too." She had her beautiful hair down and was wearing a nice dress that barley covered her ass. Her boots were almost like mine. "So I talked to Gabe last night." she said heading out to the balcony and grabbing one of my cigarettes. "What about?" i called fluffing my hair again. "He was telling me how Aries has been a real ass these last few days, he is wondering if it is because he hasn't seen a certain girl." I walked out to the balcony. "He has seen me, at the pool." "Yes but for some reason he is keeping his distance." "The way the two of you danced that day is still in everyone's head." "I was tipsy and the song was good." i explained lighting up.