First time meeting

You're not new to Hawkins. Not in the slightest. You've actually been in Hawkins longer than Max has. But she's never met you before. Which is crazy because you hang out with Mike and all those and you're yet to meet this Max Mayfield.

As of right now, you're in the basement of your house playing on the nintendo. The basement phone rings. You go answer it.

"Hello?" You say.

"Hey it's Mike."

"What's up my guy."

"You wanna come finally meet Max? She keeps bugging us to let her meet you." Mike says.

"Well who wouldn't wanna meet me? I'm amazing."

"So so cocky." Mike says.

"But i am amazing. Yeah I'm coming to yours now. Be there in about 30 minutes. I gotta shower."

"Okay. See you soon." Mike says.

The call ends. When you finally get to Mike's house, you pull a kickflip on your skateboard and then pop off of it. You go to his front door and knock. His mum opens it.

"Hello Y/n. Everyone's in the basement."

"Thanks Mrs Wheeler."

"No problem."

You walk in and go to the bssement door.

"Hey Y/n." Nancy says.

"Hey Nancy." You say.

You open the door and walk in. You close the door and slide down the railing.

"Hey! It's Y/n!" Lucas says.

"Hey Lucas."

You high five. You then see, who you can omly assume to be, Max Mayfield. You put your board against the wall.

"So this is Max Mayfield."

She nods.

"And you're the really cocky Y/n Y/l/n i heard over the phone."

Yoh laugh. She shakes your hand and you then all just chill. Mike finds some shitty movie on VHS to watch. Max sits next to you. At some point during the movie, she lays her head on your shoulder and sits with her arms crossed.

"Comfy?" You ask.

She just hums.

"Very comfy. Your shoulder is very comfy." She says.

"I have been told that in the past." You say.

She chuckles lightly and just shakes her head.

"What? I'm not lying. I've been told many times that i have a comfy shoulder. People fall asleep in my shoulder at school." You say.

"For real?" Max asks.

"Totally dude. Mega tubular you know." You say.

She rolls her eyes.

"We dont talk like that." Max says.

"Why not? It's friggin tubular." You say.

"Shut up." Max says.

You laugh.

"Can you two flirt some other time? We're tryna watch this." Will says.

"We're not flirting. We're talking. There's a difference." Max says.

"What she said." You say.

After some time, you and Max decide to grab your boards and go to the skate park. You both skate the whole way just laughing and joking as if you've known one another your entire lifes. When you get there, you kickflip over the curb and Max stands a little surprised. You turn to her and tilt your head.

"You comin?" You ask, then dropping into the bowl without lucking.

Max joins you in the bowl and you both skate around.

"How did you do that over the curb?" Max asks.

"You wanna know how i did the kickflip?" You ask.

She nods. You decide why not and teach her how to do the move. At some point, she slips and almost cracks her head on the edge of your board. But you're quick to react. You grab her hands and quickly help her stand up.

"Are you okay?" You ask.

"Yeah i just slipped." Max says.

You go grab her board and after another 30 minutes, she has the trick done. Standing still that is.

After a while, you both skate back to Mike's house. Again, laughing and joking together. You both get back to Mike's and to show off to you, she kickflips. You're impressed if anything.

"Nice one! You can do it while moving." You say.

"Scared as shit i was gunna fall off it." Max says.

"You get used to it when you do." You say.

You both go back down in Mike's basement and sit on the floor. Max sits with her head on your shoulder and her arms crossed. You both just remain like that. You two will get closer. It's only a matter of time.