Tʰᵉ Dⁱⁿⁿᵉʳ Pᵃʳᵗʸ

"Everything I've ever let go of has claw marks on it"
- David Foster Wallace

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

Azriel and I take our seats just as Rhys does his special magic thingy to fill the table with food

Azriel and I take our seats just as Rhys does his special magic thingy to fill the table with food. I fill my plate with food while making a point to ignore Rocco's eyes burning a hole into my head. Cassian sets a tumbler of bourbon in front of me. I send him a wink and swallow it in one gulp. Before I can place the glass back on the table it is refilled.

Would you look at that?

I down the second with as much viggor as the first when I feel Azriel's hand on my thigh and with a firm squeeze draws my attention to my food. 

Maybe eat something, hmm? His shadows whisper in my ear.

"Spoilsport" I mutter with a grin

"The away team will portal in tomorrow afternoon. We've got about 12,000 that will be ready to go when the time is right." Rocco says softly.

Between a bite of food and another sip of bourbon I level my hardened gaze at him.

"And the Aces will have the power reserves to make that happen?"

"I spoke with Mulligan this morning. She said they have more than enough but will put in for an emergency ration coming from Stockholm next week."

"What about Jeffries? We will need him. Is he still out of range?" Aurda asks

"From what I can gather he should be back by the time we go and get the rest of the team. I'll try and nail down a final response then." Rocco answers.

"Good. Rhys, do you have any imagery we can look at to prepare a landing zone for when we need them?" Audra asks

"Cassian and Azriel can get you whatever maps you would need."

"Oh we could also use any sort of intel you have on the other courts. It will help build a strategy for both The Hunt and The Reapers." I asked

"Az, do you mind?" Rhys asks him with a knowing glint in his eye.

"Not at all" He says looking down at me with a beautifully sinister gleam in his hazel eyes.

It's work to repress a shudder that builds within me. I roll my eyes and continue with my delicious meal.  My sisters both have a difficult time containing their giggles at the two of us. Sending a warning glare their way I turn to Feyre and Mor.