Wᵉ'ʳᵉ Dᵒⁿᵉ Wᵃⁱᵗⁱⁿᵍ

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

"The nonesense has escalated" 

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

The music is loud, just how I like it. I am in the armory cleaning and cataloging weapons. My mind is silent as my hands work seemingly on autopilot. It's nearly empty in this corner of the camp. But it is quiet through most of the other camps, too; we are all exhausted and dead on our feet. 

We moved our camp a few days ago, and the High Lords used a fair bit of their combined magic to get us here. This is one of the downsides of the intelligence infrastructure here, but there is also something fascinating about it. To see how things are done in a less technologically advanced society.

The farther inland we moved, the more the breeze picked up and the less oppressive the heat became. Closing in on the Winter Court has been a dream after working in the Summer Court humidity. 

Metallica continues to pump through the speakers as I move from semiautomatic firearms to fully automatic assault weapons. The Druid keep meticulous records, and only a select number of people are allowed anywhere near the armory. This isn't a task I was asked to do; in fact, this has already been done since we made camp. But I am restless and need something to do with my hands.

The dreams have gotten worse and more violent. It's not just the fates torturing and killing Azriel. It's Edwards and Michael now, too. And they're not just hurting him but Rhys and his family, Nesta and Elain, and my sisters. There hasn't been a single in the last seven days I slept through the night.

The cold sweat I wake up with follows me around the whole day. Everyone can see the dark circles under my eyes, but they don't say anything. I can feel Azriel twitching to ask me what is wrong and then find a solution to fix it. 

The cold, hard truth is no one can.

I am on my own.

But I can feel the end coming closer. 

And I cannot communicate how relieving that is. To finally let this all go and be done with it. I spent far too long dwelling on it and committing too much brain power to the possible outcomes when, in reality, it will happen no matter how much or how little I think about it.