A Mᵃᵗᵉ'ˢ Dⁱˡᵉᵐᵐᵃ

"I only sleep to dream of forever with you"

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

❗️Spice Inbound❗️

I have never been so angry in my entire life

I have never been so angry in my entire life. Nikola is being taunted by the Fate's and the dream she had last night isn't the first time. When she woke in the morning, still curled up tightly in my arms, she told me everything. Her first dream the night of the party was why she ran from our room, she has had four more including that night since then. She said she didn't want to upset me before going to Hybern, which I appreciate, but not telling me about it since is utterly unacceptable.

My job now is to protect her and I can't do that if she isn't completely honest with me. I can see how afraid she is, but it isn't fear for herself it's fear for me and her family. The terror I can feel down the bond has nothing to with saving herself. No, it has everything to do with protecting me.

I know she is more than capable of handling things herself, but as I have said before, she doesn't have to. She has me now and while she has been trying to keep the promise she made to me all those weeks ago I find myself frustrated all the same.

"I'm at a loss" I groan flinging myself down on the divan in Rhys's office

"Is everything okay?" he asks before I proceed to explain the situation to him

"I can't help her if I am not aware of what is really going on"

"Az, I mean this with all the love and respect I can muster. You are a control freak and this is one situation you will never be able to control"

"The sacrifice?"

"Love"

"Finally telling Az to pull his head out of his ass?" Cass says waltzing into the room

"Excuse you dickhead" I grumble

"Look I know you need to fix everyone's problems, but this isn't a situation you can beat into submission or torture a solution out of. Just be her mate and the rest will figure itself out"

"When did you become so wise?" Rhys asks him

"I've always been wise, I just choose to be nothing but a pretty face"

"Whatever you say brother" I say, Rhys laughing at Cassian's hurt expression

Asking Nik to try and allow me to carry some of the weight she is under is a fair request, but maybe I am not being as accommodating by trying to control everything. Males Illyrians are a possessive species, it is just one of the many things I despise about the lot of them. Well actually most Prythian males were possessive assholes and I was no exception. My desire to protect her outweighed nearly all rational thought.