Aˡˡ ᶠᵒʳ Tʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ ᵃⁿᵈ Tʰᵉʳᵃᵖʸ ᶠᵒʳ Aˡˡ

"Life Needs to be Imperfect to Live Perfect"

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

"So you're from a different word?" Lucien asks unsure of what to make of my presence

"Sure am. I've never been here before" I answer, Feyre and I are the only ones currently attempting to be civil. The others however are failing at attempting to appear as if they aren't eavesdropping.

Apparently not giving anyone a dress code was the norm around here, Feyre and Mor and Rhys all look like they are going to the Met Gala. Amren looks like she always does which is terrifying, while Azriel and Cassian are in their slightly nicer set of training leathers, and I look like I rolled out of a college lecture on Stoicism.

I give Feyre the opportunity to talk to Lucien alone while I meander to the table.

Rhys, my guy. Feed me before I start stabbing people

You might want to talk to someone about these violent tendencies

Yeah I'll get right on that

"Should I be concerned?" Mor whispers to me

"About?"

"You're either allowing Rhys into your mind or talking to Azriel down the bond. Are we not friends?"

"Oh please Mor you know I would leave these yahoos to live with you in a shack on the beach" I say linking arms with her and giving her a kiss on the cheek. But before Mor can respons Nesta waltzes in, fashionably late like I assumed she would.

Mor and Feyre descend on her while I take a seat next to my mate. Nesta sits down opposite me while Cassian runs scared claiming he is getting more wine. I'm sure there is nothing going on there, note the sarcasm.

Amren sizes up Nesta, which to her credit she meets her burning silver gaze easily. It's rather impressive. Lucien seems even more uncomfortable than before while trying to find a seat.

"Seriously just sit down so I can eat" I mumble my frustration levels rising.

"I don't care where you sit. I only care about eating something right"-he snaps his fingers- "now"

"Thank fuck" I say piling my food high on my plate, a chuckle from Cassian accompanies Azriel's deep rumble in response to my poor table manners. Things are still exceptionally awkward as we continue to dance around the elephant in the room.