Tⁱᵐᵉ Mᵃʳᶜʰᵉˢ Oⁿ

"You never thought you'd get this attached, did you?"

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

"The scar had not pained Harry for 19 years

"The scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well" I say, closing the book. Elain looks out the window expressionless. She has been receptive to my offer to read to her. We had shared soft conversation every now and then, but for the most part, it seemed like the middle Archeron sister was content to waste away.

Nesta was a completely different story. Her rage was now a living breathing beast living in her body. But no one could blame her. And if they tried well they dealt with me and my sisters. After weeks of back and forth, Nesta had finally accepted our presence, she might not have liked it, but I'm taking the win.

It has been six weeks without Feyre and I was getting antsy. Cassian has been back to full health for nearly two weeks. His elbow, shoulder, and wings are all good as new. We have been up before dawn every single day since running through drill after drill and I can safely say I have never been in better shape.

The auxiliary Druid force arrived three weeks ago with the last deployment expected in Velaris by the end of next week. They have set up base on a parcel of land just outside the main population center of the city. Cassian was beside himself when he saw how many females we had in our forces, nearly 2:1.

I meander towards Rhys's office, he has taken to sleeping on the couch here rather than at the Townhouse. He won't say it, but I imagine it is hard for him to be in their room while she isn't. I don't blame him. I would be beside myself if I was in his position. His strength is commendable, but something's gotta give. A person can only take so much before they snap and I pray Feyre comes back soon, for all our sakes.

"Knock knock," I say from the doorway. His hair is pointing in all different directions and his shirt is wrinkled. There are papers strewn about his desk with no organization that I can see.

"Nik. Is everything okay?" He asks looking up at me. Dark circles frame his violet eyes and the small crease between his brows is now a permanent fixture.

"Yeah of course. I just came from reading to Elain. Az and I are going out to dinner so I just wanted to check to see if there was anything else you needed before I left?"

"No. Go. Az has been waiting for this all week. Please relax for all of us"

"Are you sure? I'm sure if there is something pressing to deal with Az and I can lend a hand" I offer

"No, we can't" A sexy baritone sounds from the hallway behind me. I feel his scarred hands roam the expanse of my waist under my shirt. He leaves a soft kiss on the spot below my ear.