Wʰᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵉ Dʳᵘᵍˢ Hⁱᵗ

"Sensitive, not  soft. I'll deck you while I'm crying"

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

It feels weird, like a warm tingling all over my body. Having the types of power, I do has always been a lot on my body. I needed to slowly learn and adapt to bearing its full weight.

I never in my life could have dreamt of having a cumhact-roinnte; something was unsettling and exciting about it. There are benefits, but there is also a lot we don't know about a bond like this. Being so rare makes our records almost non-existent. 

But from what Az told me, they had never heard of such a thing. That may work in our favor. Having both Cassian and I be inexperienced in this could help with training. Something tells me, however, that Cassian isn't a patient student.

As my breathing begins to regulate again, I open my eyes, Cassian does the same, and we just stare at each other for a moment. His eyes are so many shades of brown and green that blend seamlessly. Where Az's eyes are greener, Cass's have shades of light brown. They are almost golden.

I grin at him before stepping away. I mentally check in with myself and ensure I won't collapse randomly before leaning into the desk behind me and lacing my arms across my chest. Cassian huffs a laugh before joining me, facing the rest of the room, watching the two of us with varying looks of concern, curiosity, and in the case of Alistor and my sister's clinical observation.

"Well, don't all talk at once," I huff. My mind is still reeling, and I can't formulate my thoughts now. 

Az is by my side in a second, checking me over. His nimble fingers check my head, neck, and shoulders, ensuring I have no wounds or painful spots. I am hit with exhaustion as he pulls me to his chest. The tension slowly fades as he simply holds me.

I cuddle closer as he talks to Cassian; I am too tired to focus on their words. 

He steps away from me, allowing Alistor to give me a full check-up before moving to Cassian. Alistor is pleasantly surprised that we both feel exhausted with no adverse side effects.

"Why didn't you test the females?" Rhys voices while we are all standing around. 

"We took blood samples from them last night and looked for traditional markers that could line up with Nik's; none of the traits we would look for were present in the lady's samples. But when we tested the guys, there were enough similarities to test only you three.