Tʰᵉ Cᵃᵘˡᵈʳᵒⁿ Gⁱᵛᵉᵗʰ. Tʰᵉ Rᵃᵛᵉⁿˢ Aᵗᵗᵉᵐᵖᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ Aʷᵃʸ

"Her voice could calm the oceans"

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

I lay awake with Nikola curled into my side for hours

I lay awake with Nikola curled into my side for hours. I know I need to get up and start my day, but after the attack on the Summer Court and not seeing her for a few days, I don't want to leave her just yet. Despite her best efforts, I could feel her worry and concern down the bond these past few days. It nearly made me sick not being able to assuage her fears, but Rhys made sure I needed to deal with a few issues promptly. Even if Nikola knows some of the more nefarious aspects of my job, there is still a burning desire to shield her from it.

Her warm, soft body pressed against mine as she dreams, and a slight smile across her face indicates she is not waking up soon. No sooner does the thought cross my mind does Feyre knock against the walls of my mind.

How are you, Az?

Better now. I can give you and Rhys a complete report after Nikola wakes up. I don't want to leave her just yet.

Rhys said you don't have to worry about that right now. We sent letters demanding the meeting with the other High Lords be moved up. Hopefully, within the next few days.

Do you think they'll all agree?

After what happened in Summer? I would certainly hope so. It may be time to introduce The Druid as an ally.

My first instinct is to keep her and her people far away from Beron and Tamlin if he chooses to show. I would lay down my life for my brother and my court, but I would kill the High Lord of Autumn and Spring before I allow them to even look at my mate. Eris will no doubt attempt something, and seeing how he is on thin ice, bringing Nik and her team to the meeting might be the worse option.

We should ask Nikola and her sisters at dinner. How does Rhys feel about having you and The Druid so close to Tamlin?

This is bigger than what happened between us. Her tone implies she isn't sure about seeing him again, and I can't say I blame her. I do not want to see Tamlin after his family's actions toward Rhys's mom and sister. But war calls for strange bedfellows.

I agree; I just worry about you.

Thank you for your concerns, but with my family by my side, I can do what needs to be done.

Do you need me now?

No, Azriel stay in bed. You work too much as it is. We will see you later.