Bᵃᵗᵗˡᵉᶠⁱᵉˡᵈ: Tʰᵉ Sᵘᵐᵐᵉʳ Cᵒᵘʳᵗ

"I am no violent. I am not malicious. I am a result"

✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵☾⭒☽✵

The Wild Hunt was mobilized in less than an hour

The Wild Hunt was mobilized in less than an hour. The Reapers had already left, deciding to approach from the seaport Hybern's forces were attacking. If they can cut off any inbound forces from making landfall, we can cut them off at the knees.

Rhys asked if I would stay with Mor and Feyre on the outskirts of town, but I refused. I wouldn't allow my people to fight without me. The away team and I were going to be used for smaller covert missions; any evacuation within the city center would be our responsibility.

Gathering all our weapons and munitions, we all met back at the Townhouse. Cassian was already on his way to Summer with the Illyrians, and Azriel went to inform Keir and his forces in the Hewn City. Suiting up is always when I allow myself to freak out, but by the time my weapons are secured, my mind is clear, and I am ready.

I catch Azriel's eyes approaching him with measured steps, he has gone full Spymaster mode, and I don't want to mess up his vibe. His hand snaps out, gripping the back of my neck possessively; leaning into him, I kiss him stupid. Despite his chivalry, I am determined to support him too.

"I love you."

"I love you."

Nesta walks down the stairs at that moment, her long blue dress swishing around her bare feet. She looks around the room at nearly a dozen heavily armed people ready to run head-first into danger. The question in her eyes quickly turns into confusion when she sees Feyre standing confidently next to Rhys.

"You're just going to risk your life?" she asks, her voice tipped with frantic energy. My heart broke a little bit, her younger sister had sacrificed over and over again for their family, and now she was willing to die for people she didn't even know. It must be a bit of a mind fuck to try and wade through.

"Someone has to, Nesta. We'll be back."

As quick as a hummingbird's wings, we are on a stony outcrop above Adriata, the port city of The Summer Court. The city streets were already red with blood, but I could see Summer troops beating back the incursion of black-clad Hybern forces from my perch. Azriel and Rhys winnow away, leaving us to plan where to go next. Gemma, Alistor, and Rocco fly down, clearing buildings near the market square, while Scottie, Audra, Dinah, and I head toward the palace grounds.

Clearing the outer buildings quickly, we make it into the palace along with Mor and Feyre. They both are flushed, and their leathers a splattered with blood. Feyre's eyes were wide and danced around the room, clearing room after room; we found staff cowering in dark corners. My blood turns to ice in my veins as they tell Feyre the members of the Court have barricaded themselves in the upper levels of the palace.