𝟐𝟎. 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐉𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐫𝐲

I put my phone down again, and get out of bed. Chris told me that I could use the attached bathroom when he took me to bed last night, so I get in there and get back into my own clothes after taking a quick shower. I didn't bring any make up with me, so I guess he's gonna see me without it for the first time! Kinda nerve wrecking too, because it's gonna be the first time and maybe he won't like it.

I walk over to the kitchen after getting ready, and see Chris baking us some pancakes. It makes me smile, so I lean against the wall and just watch him making us breakfast on his own, humming to a song that's playing on the radio. "Ow! Shit!" he suddenly and loudly says after a little while, clearly burning his hand on the stove.

"Oh God, are you okay?!" I quickly ask, immediately running towards him. "Oh, y-yeah, I'm sorry, I just, I-I burnt my hand" Chris replies, looking at me while I gently take that hand in mine. "Come here" I silently add, walking towards the sink. I turn on the water softly, and slowly put his hand under it. He flinches a little, but I keep holding his hand. "You have to cool it, you don't want a mark now, do you?" I giggle, looking up again.

He softly smiles at me, and I smile back at him. "Goodmorning" he silently adds, looking at my lips for a moment. "Goodmorning" I reply, and we keep looking at each other for a while. I look back at his hand now, and see that he pulled back from the stove just in time. "Are you okay?" I ask, drying off his hand a little with a soft towel I could reach. "Yeah, thank you for helping me. I'm sorry... I can be pretty clumsy sometimes" he chuckles, making me laugh.

"Don't apologize for that, you don't want to know how many times something like that happened to me" I giggle, and we both laugh again. I help him finish the last pancakes, and we have the delicious breakfast together. We also go the dishes together again, and talk about how we slept. After that, we take a walk with Dodger and watch a movie.

The time goes by pretty fast, so we get some lunch in a nice restaurant which he won't let me pay for again, and get back to his place after. We watch yet another movie or two, until it's getting pretty late again. "How's your hand now?" I ask while I put on my shoes, because sadly, I really need to get going again.

"Oh it's fine, thanks. You really helped me with that, sweetheart! If I was alone, I wouldn't even think of cooling it. I'd just go straight back to the pancakes" Chris replies, and I silently laugh about it. "You should always, always take care of yourself first, Cap" I giggle, making him laugh. "Alright, alright. Text me when you're home, okay?" he asks, taking my hand as we walk up to the front door.

"Yeah, I will. Thank you again for letting me stay here last night, I appreciate it" I reply, putting on my coat and stepping out once he opens the door for me. "Ofcourse, sweetheart. You looked like an angel when you fell asleep, it was almost unbelievable. Now come here, I'll miss you" he sighs, making me laugh before I take a step towards him.

He wraps his arms around me, and I wrap mine around him. When Chris hugs me, it feels like we're the only ones in the world. I feel good, comfortable, warm and most importantly, safe. He kisses the top of my head and my temple, giving me goosebumps all over my body as I brightly smile, and slowly let's go again.

We say goodbye one more time, and I walk up to my car. Chris stays outside till I drive around the corner, which makes me smile yet again. I drive all the way back to Cambridge MA, and greet Miles with a hug. When I got inside, I heard him playing the piano. I have one in the living room, so I just stood there and watched him for a while. His voice and musical skills are amazing, I really hope that he'll publish his songs one day.

-

-

Chris' POV

"Wanna go for a walk, buddy?" I ask, looking at Dodger after having a quick sandwich for dinner. He wiggles his tail at my question, making me laugh as I put on my shoes. I grab my things, put in my coat and take Dodger's leash. We get outside, and take a walk through Boston. The stores here are still opened, so there's a lot of light in this street.

We keep walking for a while, and I look around. Suddenly, I see a little jewelry shop on the side. I look at it, and immediately start thinking about how much I want to get Amelia something. I don't know if I should, but on the other hand, I know that it would make her smile. I'd do anything to make her smile, to be honest.

I take a deep breath, open the door and walk in. I ask the one person here if I can bring Dodger into the little store, and she tells me yes so I take him with me and look around. "Um, I'm sorry, can I ask you something?" I ask, looking at the woman working here. "Ofcourse, can I help you?" she asks in reply, making me smile.

"I think so, yeah. I'm um... I'm looking for something small, I think. I don't know what you call it but, like, subtle jewelry, I guess? I don't know, just... Just subtle, small but beautiful jewelry" I say, making the woman smile. "Hold on, I'll go get you something" she giggles, nodding her head and walking away for a second.

"Maybe you like one of these, go ahead and take a look. I got these for my girlfriend a while ago, she really likes minimalistic jewelry and she loved these" the woman tells, opening a box she got. "This is exactly what I meant, thank you! She um... The person I'm getting it for, really likes flowers and butterflies and stuff" I chuckle, making the woman laugh with me.

"Is it a special occasion? Like, an anniversary or a birthday? Engagement, even?" she asks, trying to help me. "Oh, no, it's just because I want to get her something, actually" I reply, and she nods her head. She helps me pick some jewelry I can choose from, and after a while of looking at everything, I find the perfect jewelry for Amelia.

One ring, one bracelet and one necklace, I really hope she'll like them but when I look at them, I feel like they're perfect for her. She'll like them, they basically scream 'Amelia'! The woman puts the jewelry in a few little boxes for me, and after paying for them, she wishes me good luck.

I take the bag and Dodger outside agsin, and continue the walk with him. "You think she'll like those, buddy?" I ask, looking down at Dodger while he looks up, wiggling his tail. "Yeah, I think so too" I sigh, petting him once before continuing the walk.

You know, whenever I think of Amelia, which is a lot during the day, I feel happy. It's a feeling I've never felt before, with no one. It's been two months since I first met her, but it's been amazing ever since. Sometimes, she makes me feel like she actually likes me back, but I can't wait to actually find out. Who knows, maybe I'll even get to kiss her sooner or later! My God, I almost faint at only the idea of it.

-

(The jewelry he got)