𝟐𝟓. 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

"Come on, Cap. Let's make some dinner" I giggle, pulling Chris off the couch as he laughs with me. "Fine" he sighs, and we laugh again while we make our way to the kitchen. We start making the huge dinner which we have to finish in one hour and thirty minutes in total, but it's actually going great. We're making all kinds of chicken dishes, some pasta dishes, some potato dishes some salads and more.

After making all of those things, we start decorating the cake for dessert. We put that in the oven before we watched a movie, so it's completely cooled down now. We made a raspberry cake with lemon buttercream, and we're really excited to decorate it now! We also made some red velvet cupcakes, which also need to be decorated.

"Any inspiration?" I ask, leaning against Chris as we look at the cake and cupcakes on the kitchen counter, not decorated yet while he wraps his arm around me. "Oh yeah, I have inspiration..." he replies, looking down at me with happy lit up eyes and a huge smile on his face before kissing my nose.

"Go ahead then, handsome" I giggle, standing up straight now. "Yeah? You sure? You have to help me though, I can't do this my myself" he chuckles, making me laugh. He asks me if I can just cover the cake in buttercream, so I do that for him and then let him do that he wants to do. "Don't look, it's a surprise" Chris quickly adds as he starts on the cake, making me laugh yet again.

"I'll be over there" I giggle, taking some buttercream and the cupcakes with me to the little table in the kitchen, sitting on the little couch with my back towards the kitchen so I can't see it. He asks me if I can put some 'pretty buttercream' on the cupcakes for him, so that's exectly what I do while he works on the cake. This whole thing makes me smile, it's simply adorable!

"Almost ready, Cap?" I ask, not looking back because he still didn't tell me to look. "Almost... Yup, done now!" Chris happily replies, making me smile again. I take the cupcakes and the buttercream back to the kitchen, give him a quick kiss on his cheek and look at the cake he decorated. He covered the white butter cream with red hearts, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen!

My eyes slightly tear up at the sight, but I don't know why. My heart starts beating faster, and all I can think about is how much I appreciate Chris and about how much I love being with him. I can't imagine spending a day without being with him or talking to him, it's pretty much impossible in my mind. I don't know what to say, so I look up, give him a smile and just wrap my arms around him. That feels like the right thing to do right now.

I've never felt like this before with anyone or any of my friends, it's just different with Chris. He pretty much means the world to me at this point, and I don't know that he does to me, but he manages to make me happy every time. Even when I feel like nothing is gonna be okay, when I just want to cry my eyes out because of the way I feel in my own skin and with my own thoughts when anxiety shows up, he makes me smile. He makes me fucking smile.

"The cake is beautiful, bubba" I sigh, holding him even closer now. "I'm glad you like it, princess. Are you okay?" he asks, like he knows that my eyes are getting teary. "I'm okay, thank you for being here and thank you for... For everything. Thank you for being my person, Chrissy" I silently reply, and after a few seconds of silence, he let's out a silent sigh and holds me tighter, kissing the top of my head a few times.

"And thank you for being mine" he adds, making me smile. We just stand there like this for a while, until we really have to get the dinner table ready. After waiting for only a few minutes, the cast arrives at my place. We all greet them with lots of love, and have the dinner woth each other. Everyone loves it, they tell me that a lot, and I appreciate it!

__________

Instagram story of @ameliarose