Page 276

The first performer is Lady Olivia Evans. She decided to sing a love song and she boldly informed everyone that she dedicated the song to Prince Anders... Soon, she started singing and looked lovingly in the direction where her beloved prince is sitting...

Beatrix is seriously looking at the confident woman in the middle of the banquet hall trying to pour her heart out using a song... In this lifetime, she could not be there for Prince Anders so she wants him to find another person who would love him unconditionally and make him truly happy. Suddenly, she remembered an event in her first lifetime...

After her marriage to Prince Andrew, the Emperor arranged the marriage of Lady Olivia Evans to Prince Anders but two months before the marriage, Lady Olivia died due to a mysterious disease! Beatrix received a sorrowful letter from Prince Anders. She became worried after reading his letter because he seemed suicidal! She wants to be there for him as a friend but Prince Andrew forbade her from visiting his brother so she found another way by tricking him into taking her out of the mansion. She slipped away and went to Prince Anders' Mansion. She felt so happy seeing him safe! They talked casually and reminded him that there is more to life and that committing suicide is a dumb thing to do!

She cooked a chocolate porridge for him and they ate three bowls of it because they both like sweet things. They would have consumed the fourth bowl when Prince Andrew did his grand entrance by kicking the door open! He angrily punched his brother and kicked him so hard! She could feel his extreme anger and his murderous intent so she hugged him from behind and cried while begging him to stop beating his brother to death! She went there to make sure that Anders would never do something stupid. Naturally, she would never let her husband kill his brother! He stopped attacking his brother and forcibly yanked her out of the room! In the hallway, she saw several guards and servants are down and badly injured. It seems that he beat all of them to a pulp! She gulped in fear...

When they arrived at his mansion, she prepared herself for the worst! Inside their bedroom, she closed her eyes and waited for the painful impact when he went closer to her! She thought that he would beat her up just like his brother but her fear did not happen so she opened her eyes when she felt his warm embrace...

"Do you regret marrying me instead of my brother, Beatrix?" His gray eyes turned several shades darker and his tone several degrees colder.

She would like to say 'No' but he already captured her lips with his greedy kisses. Soon, their bodies tumbled on the large soft bed and she received a different type of beating... After doing the deed, he bit her earlobe and softly whispered to her half-conscious state, "My Love, even if you regret it... It is already too late! You are mine in this life and the next..."

Beatrix was in deep thought that she did not realize that the first performance finally ended! Her attention was drawn back to the present when she heard applause from the audience. The Emperor provides a positive comment to the first performer before choosing the next household to perform. He became silent for a moment as he stared at the paper in his hand before he announced, "The next performer will come from Prime Minister Marvel's Household!"

Several soft murmurs erupted inside the banquet hall. Everyone knows that there are only two existing ladies that represent the prime minister's household. They are Lady Andrea and Lady Beatrix but these two ladies are already married! There has been no married woman who performed in the talent showcase so far! Some men were lucky to see Lady Andrea's proficiency in singing and poetry in her younger years. Now, they are very excited to see Lady Beatrix's talent! Soon, the crowd of men is cheering for Lady Beatrix to perform...

Emperor Claudius was faced with a dilemma. The truth is... he is also very curious but he thinks it is not appropriate to ask a married noblewoman to perform in front of other people, especially men! It will be very unfair and disrespectful to Minister King! He is thinking about choosing another household to perform instead when suddenly the Empress held his hand and smiles...

"Your Majesty, I am very curious to see Lady Beatrix's talent! The people are also very excited to see it! Aren't you a bit curious?" Empress Alyna asked him enthusiastically then she looked at her two sons and call their attention for additional support, "Andrew... Anders... You are also curious, right?" She said gently, knowing that her two imperial sons would never let the opportunity pass by... She is sure that they are tempted to the core!

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved