Page 393

After successfully exiting the singularity, she hurriedly checked the sphere in her hand. It was still brilliant and captivating, but right in the middle of it was a noticeable crack! 

Aiden...

She immediately realized that she failed to protect him completely! She panicked and hurriedly asked for her Celestial Father's help to restore it to its original form but he was no longer there in his original spot! She could no longer see him or feel his presence nearby. She figured out that he probably left after they were sucked inside the singularity. After recalling what he had done, she realized that it was probably a good thing that he went somewhere else or he might finished off what the singularity failed to do...

In the meantime, she looked for a safe place to hide the sphere but she instantly realized there is no secret place or space when it comes to her Celestial Father. Suddenly, a brilliant but also crazy idea popped up inside her mind. She decided to do it even though it was very risky and dangerous. 

She wrapped the sphere in a thick, protective layer of energy before slowly pushing it inside her core...  Her heart thudded incessantly as her essence was known for its volatile nature and hostile reaction towards any foreign entity. It was never the ideal place to store it but considering the situation, it was the most dangerous but also the safest spot! She did it carefully knowing that any miscalculation and careless action could cause Aiden's demise for eternity. She sighed in relief when she finally managed to place it inside and her usually destructive and violent essence did not react at all...

At least, he is safe for now...

Her happiness was short-lived when another realization hit her! Dread instantly squeezed her heart when she remembered Viktor! She hurriedly used her will to teleport back to her husband's exact location and just as she had already known, it was already too late!

"Viktor..." 

Her tears fell as she looked at the familiar name, title, and dates inscribed in an elaborate ancient tomb inside the Imperial Mausoleum of Solaris Empire.

"... forgive me!" 

Her knees buckled and she wept bitterly on the cold solid floor. Her fear was confirmed! A lot of time had passed in the mortal realm since the day she left and now, Viktor had been gone for more than two millennia...

Valentine opened his eyes and abruptly withdrew his hand. It immediately disconnected the vision she shared with him.

"I can't believe you just threw away our only chance to be together!!! For what?!! For him?!! Really?!!" He could not help but raise his voice after seeing and discovering the past. Suddenly, everything fell into place... The vivid images recurring inside his head as well as the powerful emotions he felt from the day he met her... Now, everything made sense!

"Viktor... I just can't let him perish that way..." She said softly. She knew he would be very mad at her if he remembered the past but she risked everything because she didn't want him to doubt her words just like how Andrew reacted when she told him the truth.

"So it's okay to just leave me behind and let me wait for you 'til the day I die?!!" He erupted in great fury. His face was red and full of raw emotions while his body was shivering from distress.

"I'm sorry... It was never my intention. I was going to come back, but..." She looked him in the eyes and sadly expressed her feelings.

"But you did not because you chose him over me!!! You could have asked your underlings to do it for you but no! You went there yourself so you could see him again!!!" He angrily interrupted her words. The veins on his forehead were now bulging profusely.

His words and actions made her recall some of their heated arguments in the past life. It is making her lose her temper...

"Here we go again! Why do you have to make it seem like I was meeting a lover?! He was my friend and I made a solemn promise to him! You knew about my real identity as well as my duties and responsibilities! I did not keep you in the dark... I told you all about it several years before I left!" She answered in frustration.

"The issue here is you did not even bother to wait for me to come back!" 

"Aiden didn't have much time left..."

"Don't mention that stupid name in front of me!!!" He fisted so hard that his knuckles produced loud cracking sounds.

"Okay. I will refrain from mentioning his name."

"You should have told me you were leaving..."

"You were already very upset and I knew you would never let me leave." She did not want to lie to him. She wanted to set things straight before she commits to another serious relationship... That is if he still accepts her after telling the truth.