Page 386

A simple and short coronation rite happened on the day of their arrival. Viktor decided not to prepare too much for his coronation. He wanted it to be done as quickly as possible as he was more focused and interested in the next ceremony.

After his coronation, he eagerly left the platform to fetch her from the crowd. He held her hand and gently whispered, "Darling, it's time... Come and join me there!"

She looked at him quietly before gracefully joining him on the platform. Two weeks ago, when she decided to agree to what he wanted, she suggested that the wedding could be done one month or even a week after his grand coronation but he strongly disagreed and firmly insisted that the coronation rite and wedding ceremony must be done on the same day of their arrival to this new land. In the end, she agreed. After all, a wedding on the day of the arrival or another day would still be the same...

He guided her to stand beside him where everyone could see and witness their union.

The same high priest, who performed the coronation rite, also officiated their marriage. The wedding ceremony took longer than usual since Viktor arranged it to follow both the ancient and existing marriage rites.

She did not know whether she should be flattered or extremely mad that he sacrificed the duration of his coronation so they could perform some unnecessary and overlapping rites of marriage. She sighed in relief when the last rite was finally completed and the high priest declared them to be husband and wife... 

"Long live His Majesty and Her Majesty! Long live the first Emperor and Empress of the Solaris Empire! May their union be filled with bountiful blessings and prosperity! May their reign last for thousands and thousands of years!!!" The spectators yelled in excitement while gazing at the beautiful couple in front of them. The two major ceremonies had been completed successfully and the moment they had been waiting for has come!

Viktor smiled from ear to ear as he stared at his stunning empress. He carefully escorted her to sit on the throne while he remained standing and happily facing the happy crowd. 

"No amount of words could fully express the happiness and gratitude inside my heart. I achieved something great that no other man could ever surpass! Thanks to all of you here who swore allegiance and remained loyal to me... " He scanned the crowd before swiftly changing his penetrating gaze to her direction. Next, he stared at her as he proclaimed his deepest and sincerest gratitude. 

"And of course, I would not have made it here, if not for my benevolent savior... generous benefactor... and finally! She is now my wonderful empress!" He smiled genuinely and mouthed, "Thanks, Darling!"

She nodded and also smiled gently. She was happy to see him very happy although, somewhere inside her heart, there was a place that felt cold and empty... 

His gaze returned to the silent crowd as he continued his speech, "She made all of this possible! I know that! You all witnessed that! This is truly a remarkable event, don't you think?!"

"Yeah!!! " The crowd immediately agreed. 

"So how are we going to celebrate this momentous event?!!" He enticed the crowd to leave as soon as possible. 

"Reward! Reward! Reward!" The crowd chanted in unison.

"Oh, Yes! So what are you waiting for?!! Go now and get your hard-earned reward!!!"

Upon hearing the go signal from their monarch, the guests exited the throne room eagerly to see and receive the promised reward - a larger residence on a bigger and more prosperous estate!

"You succeeded in your plan to get rid of them as soon as possible. " She finally said when all the guests left excitedly and they were left alone in the throne room. 

He chuckled happily and placed his hands on each side of the armrest to playfully stare while trapping his sitting empress in her throne. 

"Darling, I just want us to be closer to each other. Those people will only get in the way tonight... " He whispered sexily to his beautiful wife before gently holding her hand and putting small kisses on her knuckles. He slowly closed the distance between their lips...

Her eyes widened in disbelief as he was beginning to close the distance between them. She understood that what he wanted to do with her was normal for a married couple but they were not a normal married couple! Well, at least, she was not normal by mortal's standard! 

She hurriedly stopped him by gently pushing him away and reminding him of a vital part of their agreement as well as the grave consequence of breaking it. 

"Viktor, we already talked about this... I can't get excited and I can't lose control... Not unless you want to enter the land of the dead and turn me into a widow very early, you should start restraining yourself just as hard as I am restraining my energy to prevent it from harming you and the others from the very beginning."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved