Page 331

Emperor Andrew sighed helplessly and decided to proceed to another concern, "What if my empress is still unconscious on the delivery date... What are the available options?" 

The imperial physicians looked at each other before the head imperial physician replied, "If the empress is still unconscious, then we are left with no other option but to cut her body open to secure the baby..."

He frowned when he heard their solution. He had a feeling that he would never like the outcome so he hurriedly inquired, "After you opened her body and secure our first child, will she be alright?"

He saw them gulp in fear and then kneeled together, "Your Majesty, we are very sorry but we need to sacrifice the empress' life to secure the life of your firstborn... Your first imperial child... Your heir to the throne!!!" They told him in unison to convince him and appease him by using his child but these words only served as a catalyst.

"You want my empress to die... " He mumbled softly as darkness rapidly spread inside his mind effectively destroying his rationality. "You think her life is insignificant..." The same darkness enveloped his heart turning it into a cold hard stone. "Tell me, why am I keeping you?" He asked them solemnly when the darkness completely devoured his soul. He gave them a serene smile and that was the last thing they saw before carnage happened.

Two days later, Emperor Andrew is silently gazing at his beloved empress. Her due date had finally arrived and the whole palace had been prepared for this important event. He patiently waited by her side from dawn but she is still unmoving and had no sign of regaining consciousness when dusk finally came...

The new batch of imperial physicians is nervously waiting in the corner. They are all very afraid that they may trigger the emperor's annoyance any time soon. All the medicines that they carefully prepared and fed to the sleeping empress had no effect. They know inside their minds that the possibility she would wake up this time is already so slim and if she did, there is a great chance that she will never be the same! They did not dare tell this information to the new emperor as they could see his undying hope and burning love for his empress. They did not know what exactly happened to the previous batch of imperial physicians but one thing is sure... It has something to do with the new empress! It was very obvious that the previous batch greatly angered the new emperor which is why they were suddenly terminated and replaced the following morning! After waiting for a considerable amount of time and still no improvement, the emperor sighed helplessly and ordered them to get out and wait outside, which they gladly did...

"My Love... I am so afraid..." He whispered to her unconscious form. He turned sideways and retrieved the magical white blossom on the top of the table. He silently stared at the flower that remained very fresh and radiant even after several days it was plucked from its plant. Based on his master's tale, it should be given when the woman is in labor but his beloved wife is unconscious and unmoving so he does not know what will happen if he fed it to her. Finally, he closed his eyes and made a risky decision!

I hope you are truly magical...

He thought before he crushed and ground the white blossom to extract its fluid. He obtained a very small amount of transparent liquid that resembles fresh clear water. He poured it slowly and gently into her mouth. After he was done, he carefully supported his wife to a reclining position to ensure that she would not choke on the liquid. The last thing he wants is for her to die accidentally because of his negligence. Shortly, he witnessed her water break and his eyes widened from huge amazement when the fluid was immediately followed by something small and fragile gently moving and then crying loudly!

He hurriedly called the physicians and midwives to come inside the birthing room. For the first time in his life, he panics and does not know what to do! He silently stands in the corner and allowed the physicians and midwives to do their job. He was very shocked to the core which he did not think possible in the past. He gazed at his beloved wife and precious son while the physicians and midwives are busy doing their part... Yes, his firstborn is a son! An adorable little prince... The future heir to his throne! He is the first person to see the baby's gender when he was born!

The new head of the imperial physicians happily informed him that the mother and son are both safe. After the initial shock, he smiled genuinely this time... He happily observed the midwives as they are cleaning and putting a new set of clothes on his lovely empress and energetic newborn son. 

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved