Page 231

The two princes chose to live in a separate place from their wives inside their mansion. The two married couples are more like strangers living in the same place. The connection or relationship they have with their wife is only the marriage and nothing else. True to their words, they provided all the material things intended for an imperial wife but aside from those things, there is nothing else.

One month later after the double imperial wedding, the two princes heard that General Ardor is actively looking for a handsome and intelligent gentleman who is willing to marry into the general's household and become his ill-tempered daughter's man! This juicy news shocked the whole capital and became the talk of the town! Most people have a nasty opinion about the news but the two princes have different views...

"Imperial Brother, have you heard the latest news about our old friend, General Ardor, and his search for a perfect son-in-law?" Prince Anders suddenly brought up the hottest topic in the capital with a ruthless grin when he said the word 'old friend'.

"Of course." Prince Andrew replied while silently sipping his tea. They are inside a newly opened teahouse. He and his brother always spend their free time together in different places to relax and unwind instead of going back to their mansion early after doing their princely tasks daily.

This is their new routine after they experienced their wife's several futile attempts to seduce them and gain their favor! During those annoying moments, they fought the urge to strangle their wife to death! They knew the reason why their wife became suddenly courageous and chose to gamble and face their wrath... It is not only because of physical attraction but also family pressure! Yes, the two new princesses were being encouraged and supported by the Emperor, Empress, and their maiden family to do everything in their power to seduce their husbands and give birth to imperial children soon!

Now, the two princes decided to find solace by visiting different places like public markets, slave markets, black markets, business establishments, theaters, circuses, gambling houses, and even brothels! To them, anywhere is better than either staying in their mansion or the imperial palace! In the mansion, their annoying wife is trying to climb onto their bed while in the imperial palace, the Emperor and Empress are giving them hints and urging them to give them grandchildren soon! This situation irritates them so much! They would rather choose death than be forced again in this lifetime! So now, avoiding their wife as much as possible become their normal routine. They would only go back to their mansion when their wife is already sleeping like a log after waiting for them for a long time!

"So, what do you think about it?" Prince Anders asked his brother with mirth in his eyes.

"I think the General's Mansion is becoming bolder and weirder nowadays... They are up to something..." Prince Andrew gave his opinion nonchalantly.

"We have the same opinion about this matter!" Prince Anders immediately agreed and continued. "The General's and Prime Minister's Mansion are both so careful... That means they are trying to hide something sensitive and so important! What do you think it is?"

"I honestly do not know..." Prince Andrew absentmindedly replied. Under normal circumstances, he would dig deeper but he is not in the mood to think of other people's affairs because, for five successive nights, he dreamed that his beloved woman seems interested in another man! He tried to see this man's appearance so he could kill him whenever he sees him in reality but the man is always faceless inside the dream! He tried to persuade her to stay with him and love only him but she would always remain silent... Deep inside, he knows that she wants to choose that faceless man and abandon him... That time, he would wake up with intense fear, anxiety, and heartache! He had the same awful dream for five consecutive nights now...

Prince Anders sighed when he noticed that his brother is absentminded again. He tried to ask him why several times but his brother would always evade the topic. He decided not to pursue it anymore because he has an idea what could be the possible reason why his brother is acting that way. The truth is... he is only acting fine and cheerful in front of his brother but he also feels so worried and uncomfortable these days! He is not experiencing nightmares. His dreams are still very happy together with the woman he loves but his dreams are getting shorter and shorter as nights passed by! It was like he is slowly losing her! Now, he feels afraid and worried that his happy dreams would suddenly stop one day! He wants to confess to his brother to unload the negativity in his mind, heart, and soul but he noticed that his brother seems in pretty more bad shape than him these past consecutive days...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved