Page 306

Emperor Claudius decided to secretly visit Beatrix to see how she is doing now and of course, to personally inform her and thank her because of her great contribution to the future success and development of the empire. He is planning to use that huge amount of wealth to make necessary changes and development to the quality of people's life.

When Empress Alyna heard about her husband's plan. She immediately volunteered to go with him. There is no way she is going to let her husband get near Lady Beatrix, a very beautiful, elegant, and intelligent young woman! She will never allow him to be alone with his ideal type of woman during his younger days... especially now that this seductive young woman is the most enticing widow in the eyes of men from different backgrounds! She heard that they were planning to ask for her hand in marriage after the mourning period is over! She noticed that even her two imperial sons fell deeply to her charm! She knew now that her two sons are already a hopeless case... But in her husband's case, it is not yet too late! She would die miserably if her dear husband also fell to that woman's allure! She inhaled deeply and smiled happily when the emperor let her come.

Prince Anders would also like to go with them but the emperor insisted that he stays in the palace and complete some urgent tasks on his behalf instead.

Beatrix received the emperor and empress graciously. The two significant individuals asked her how she is doing for the past several months. She answered truthfully that it was not easy but she is slowly moving on with her life. Next, the emperor told her that he already solved the cube and found the long-lost treasure of the empire. Finally, he asked his most pressing question since he found the map inside the cube...

"Lady Beatrix, where did you get the map? How did you obtain it?" The emperor curiously asked after expressing all the pleasantries.

Beatrix already expected this question long ago but she could not help but recall how she knew where to find the map. Instantly, another memory of the first lifetime revisited her mind...

"My Love, I have great news! I found the map of the long-lost treasure of the empire! It's been here all along! I accidentally found it in a box that looked exactly like an ordinary book in the last section of the last bookshelf of the restricted area of the imperial library." Emperor Andrew whispered to her while hugging her from behind.

She remained silent. She does not want to see him or hear anything about him! She does not care about his news or what he found! She stopped caring about his words the moment his concubines entered the harem, especially when he started spending his nights with them and she miscarried twice already because of that fact... It is very disgusting every time he would return to her after she knew he visited a concubine the other day or night!

When he received no reply from her, he tighten his embrace and continued, "The map points to the hidden treasure! I will locate the treasure and will use it for the development of the whole empire... My Love, do you know what this means?" 

"What?" She replied dryly. She just wants this pointless conversation with him to be over.

His hand slowly reached inside her nightgown to caress her body! Her blood begins to boil because of his shameless action! She remembered that he visited six concubines this week and now he had the nerve to touch her?!!

"Your Majesty, I am very tired today. Please be considerate. Not everyone is as energetic as you. If you want to tell me, just tell me already. If not, just let me sleep for I still have so many things to do tomorrow and the next day... as well as the next days after that." She told him icily. She is truly not in the mood to see him or hear what he wants to say. Above all, she does not want him to touch her!

He sighed helplessly and shifted her position in the blink of an eye! Now, she is facing him against her will! She gritted her teeth but remained placid while looking at him. His appearance is still very handsome but as days passed by, he becomes less and less attractive in her eyes as her hatred grows deeper and stronger...

"Didn't you say that you want to get out of the capital and see the outside world? My Love, this is the perfect opportunity!" He declared excitedly and smiled from ear to ear.

She suddenly felt a pang of pain in her heart! That was what she wanted long ago... To experience a simple life outside the palace with him and see the beautiful sceneries in the countryside with him and their children... But, that was in the past! Now, she just want to kick him out of her bedroom so she could sleep early tonight and she would have enough energy to deal with her duties and responsibilities tomorrow...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved