Page 375

Viktor stayed under the heavy pouring rain. He did not mind the coldness of the surroundings or the darkness of the night as his heart was bleeding profusely. Their last conversation was replaying over and over inside his head. It was driving him mad and crazy inside and out! He could not understand why she would prefer his imperial uncle over him... 

My Imperial Uncle is still very attractive even at his age but I am equally stunning!  

He is already old and mature but I am young and gifted!

He has more experience, I am resourceful!

He is reliable, I am dependable! 

He worked hard, I worked smart! 

So why did she like my imperial uncle instead?

In what aspect is he better than me?

What exactly did she see in him? 

He was very curious. He wanted to know the reason. He wanted an answer so he could create a solution to his emotional problem. He could simply ask her but he knew she would just deny it or avoid his question. He had a lopsided grin as he figured out a more accurate way to find the answer. He went to a secluded part of the palace ground and saw his uncle's secret preparation for her, or at least, what was left of it after the heavy downpour destroyed it. He knew about his uncle's plan for that day. It was not hard to guess since he was aware of his uncle's true feelings for her and he was also secretly keeping an eye on his uncle's movements. After knowing what happened to his parents, he learned two important lessons: First, never let your guard down! Second, never fully trust your relative!

I am very sorry, Imperial Uncle... But I would never accept defeat! 

My name would not be Viktor if I lose or fail...

He thought as began chanting and executing the ability to control the space and time. He used this ability before to peek into the future and see their enemies' grand scheme and battle plan. Aside from physical training and careful planning, this ability was the biggest help to guarantee a successive victory even in those times when the rebellion was still in its early stage and they had few loyal soldiers and supporters. With continued success in battle, more people supported their side until the time they eliminated the biggest enemy!

Previously, he used this ability to see the future and ensure pure victory but now, he would like to use this ability to see the past. He expected he would have a solution to his problem if he had more accurate information and what is a more accurate source than personally looking into his uncle's past? He wanted to see the reason why she seemed to prefer his uncle over him. He believed the first step towards defeating an enemy is to know your enemy first. 

He intended to check the details from the time she met them until the moment she left them on the island. In his calculation, those are the crucial moments why his uncle had the advantage over him. He wanted to see a flaw or anything he could use to his advantage. He focused on retrieving the specific timeline that he needed, unfortunately, he retrieved an earlier timeline instead! His energy was greatly depleted in that single try so he no longer have a choice but to view his uncle's life from the beginning until he reached the target timeline.

Prince Aiden was born and grew up to be the most physically attractive among the three imperial princes of the Cloud Empire. He was a gentle and reserved person. He had lots of admirers but he preferred to stay alone.  He liked to spend his time studying his lessons... 

"This is boring! It appears that the rumors about my imperial uncle were just made up!" He was very disappointed after watching his uncle's birth, childhood, and early adolescence at incredible speed inside his mind. It felt like he was just wasting his time because he had not found anything useful yet but still, he continued checking in the hope that he might discover something useful when he reached the intended timeline.

The young Prince Aiden wanted to become the next emperor. He had a vision and heart for the empire and its people. He had so many plans for the empire's future but he also knew this was a farfetched dream as he was only third in the line. His imperial father wanted to appoint his favorite concubine's son, Prince Timothy, as successor while his imperial mother is pushing her firstborn, Prince Albert, in the fight for the throne. He persevered a lot so his dear imperial father and imperial mother would see his worth but he could not get either of his parent's support. He did not lose hope. He was still very optimistic and determined so he looked for support elsewhere, unfortunately, he fell into a very disgusting and humiliating trap this way...

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

FOLLOW to encourage the author.

VOTE to support the novel.

COMMENT to share your thoughts.

© 2021 Jezel Mandin Sapata-Gentiles. All Rights Reserved