Chapter 35

I slowly sipped on the banana oat and peanut butter smoothie that Minerva had brought back from lunch. She was such a lovely soul. My mood hadn't lightened since morning as I was wondering how I would approach my friends and partner to explain everything clearly and apologize for being an ass. 

I looked down at my phone, of coarse I wasn't expecting any call. My friends knew me and I knew them. They were giving me space and time to think over everything. When I'm okay, I'll seek them out. I sighed deeply and went back to work. I just didn't want to think of anything else. It was all that Pigheaded man's fault. 

If he hadn't appeared I wouldn't be fighting with my friends now. Of coarse in future we would have fought because I was getting ready to put a stop to Estella's matchmaking gigs, but it wouldn't have been intense. If he hadn't appeared, I wouldn't be considering a serious relationship with anyone because truthfully, they weren't for me. I have already mapped out our breakup scene incase of any relationship possibility. 

If he hadn't appeared my emotions wouldn't be in chaos right now. Where did my rationality go? But also for the sake of the company, if he hadn't appeared, we wouldn't be buying phase after phase in such affluent areas. Big sigh...

I waved my thoughts aside and focused on work waiting for the time I would return home and curl down on my couch that had recently become my safe haven.

****************

"Yva, make sure all paperwork is complete before we finish work today." I said through the intercom as I prepared to leave. 

"It's finished Sir." She answered.

"Great, you can go home now. See you on Monday."

"Nice weekend." She replied cheerfully but got no reply. I didn't know how the weekend was going to be nice. I sighed and went over what I was going to say to Leticia today. I'm sorry about everything that has happened recently. It's all my fault. I should have made everything right from the beginning but hadn't still come to terms with my feelings. My Mum and daughter adore you. Would you want to get to know us? 

I sighed as I let it sweep through my head. Easy thing, I'm sure I'll nail it. I'm Morinho, Carlos Morinho of the Stars Hotels. With just a word I can change all minds. I smiled at myself and gathered my stuff then left to my car. 

Minutes later, I stood frozen in front of her door in a knocking stance. Wait a minute, why did I have to knock? I looked around, she probably had a key somewhere. I looked under the doormat, nothing. I huffed and finally decided to knock. I'm sure she was home. Ten minutes later, my patience had run out and I was banging on the door. She wasn't picking her calls either and her office had already closed. Where would she be? Of coarse at home. I imagined all the threats I can use but stopped short when I remembered her saying she had lost her appetite. Could she have collapsed due to hunger? Well, that was stupid. 

Five more minutes later I gave up and left. I wasn't going to be caught stupidly banging on someone's door again. A woman at that. I went to my car to get back home to my family...

************ 

I sighed in relief when silence returned. Who knocks for that long on someone's door really? Doesn't he understand space after an argument? I'm glad he didn't know my hiding place for the extra key. I continued munching on my Nachos as I pressed play on my movie. I wasn't going to let anyone intrude on my Me time. Not today. Tomorrow I'll be ready to face everyone. 

This evening I just wanted to distress. Unconsciously I put a bunch of chips in my mouth and one went down the road passage, at that same moment I heard the distinct click on my door as someone turned the key in the lock. 

My eyes widened in shock as I looked at a fuming Carlos towering over me. "How..how..?" I tried to ask but a bout of coughing followed. 

"You stupid woman." He glowered at me, "What's the use of your fucking phone and ears? Do you want to say you heard neither my knocking or the phone ring?" 

I was already struggling with my breath and didn't bother to listen to whatever he spewed out. Tears started streaming unconsciously down my face. 

"What the hell are you crying about?" He shouted as I tried to gesture to him, what was happening to me. God kill me now, this is so embarrassing. His eyes looked at the Nachos, "Well at least you had the appetite for junk," What was wrong with this man? Couldn't he see I was chocking? 

I tried to cough to no avail, then my breaths started coming in short bouts. That's when he stopped and frowned at me. If we were under different circumstances, I would have laughed at him when realization downed on his face. "What the fuck?" he shouted running to me and stood at my back then gave me three great squeezes. The Nacho piece suddenly popped out and I started coughing and breathing uncontrollably. 

"Thank..." I turned to him and he cut me off. 

"Shut your mouth." I took a step back as I watched his face display different emotions. He looked around grabbing the chips and scattering them all over the floor. I winced as I thought of how I'll have to clean that later. "Do you have the time to eat such at your age?" he shouted at me, "Do you know what would have happened in case no body came today? Who do you think you are to drive me up the wall like this, huh?" he stepped closer, "Did you want attention that much that you had to do something like that to get a reaction from me?" Okay that's it. 

My right hand flew to towards his cheek but he grabbed it in time, then my left hand went in and he also grabbed it. I smirked and my leg kicked out but he was faster too when he suddenly spun me around and threw me on the couch without his hands letting go. 

"Don't be ridiculous," he smirked at me. I smirked back and with all my might brought my head up and smacked his nose with my forehead. He cursed out loud letting me go immediately and that's when I released all my anger on him. My hands and legs went flying towards him just hitting him anywhere. "Stop it." he commanded sternly but I took no heed. "I said stop it, woman." This time he pinned me again and restricted my body from movement. "Calm down."

"Oh, I'm very calm right now you bastard." I said between my teeth. He sighed with his eyes closed. Whatever he was trying to do I didn't care. 

"Let's talk rationally, okay?" he stared me down, "I'm going to let go and you're going to calm down for a minute, then we can talk. Is that okay?" 

I glared at him without reply. "Answer me dammit." He growled but there was no response. "I guess there are other ways to get an answer from you," his lips came down.

"Don't you dare." I warned. 

"Can we talk, Yes or No?" he continued closer.

"Fine." I shook him off and sat as far away from him as I can on the couch.