Chapter 37

I heard the distant sound of the doorbell as I stood outside impatiently. I looked cool calm and collected but only I knew what was happening within me. Why did I come? I could have stayed home and gave an excuse, right? I tapped my foot impatiently then turned back, a great excuse popping up in my head. 

"Leticia," Oh crap. I turned around with a smile. 

"Hi," 

"Sorry, we took long to open the door." Constanza beamed apologetically, "Come in love." She put a hand over my shoulder and led me towards a noise coming from the kitchen. 

I stood transfixed at the scene before me, there stood Carlos barefoot with flour all over him holding a grinning Bella in the air. 

"Carlos Vincent Morinho," Constanza said in shock, "One minute, that's all it took?" I almost laughed out loud but I was still in shock at seeing Carlos this way. 

"Mum, she did it," Carlos said suddenly using Bella as a shield towards his Mum's angry glare. 

"I did not, it's Daddy who did it Abuela,"  Bella defended herself. 

"This is embarrassing," said Constanza, "What's Leticia going to think?" I suddenly froze at being put on the spot as all three pairs looked my way. 

I tried to laugh but couldn't, "Umm...," Please words don't betray me please, I'm the Queen of words please please. 

Suddenly I was sprayed in white, "Now you look like us," A giggly voice suddenly said. I looked down and Bella was smearing flour all over me. 

"Annabelle," Constanza shouted in shock dramatically throwing her hands up in the air. I looked over at Carlos and he was laughing loud enough for the whole world to hear. 

"It's alright, ha ha," I said forcing a grin at Bella. 

"Carlos and Annabelle get out of my kitchen this moment," Constanza shooed them away as they laughed. Then she turned to me, "I'm so sorry, love." She got a towel close by and started dusting the flour off my clothes. 

"It's okay, really." I took the towel off her, "I'm sorry I made it awkward for you all, I just didn't know how to react to the scene before me." I smiled at her dissolving all her worries.

"Oh, those two are always making me lose my marbles." She said and we both laughed aloud finally relaxing. 

"I can't imagine Carlos being like that." I commented. 

"Oh, you have seen nothing, love." She held my hand and led me away, "Let's go, someone will take care of all this." 

We went towards the living room and sat on the cozy couches. Bella came flying in towards her Granny. "Abuela, are we going for a picnic?" 

"Yes Mi amor, but did you say sorry to Miss Powers?" 

"Oh, no no, really, it's okay." I vehemently said, "Hi Bella, where do you want to go for a picnic?" My mind was in turmoil, Wasn't the question too long for her little brain? 

"We always go picnic at our outside," She grinned at me. 

"Hmm, outside where exactly?" I pretended to be clueless and she turned to her Granny for help.

"Ha ha, at the terrace mi amor." Constanza shuffled her hair.

"Ah, yes terrace," Bella jumped up and down as she repeatedly said terrace. "Papa, come down, let's go now." I looked down and still had flour on my dress. 

"Can I go real quick to the bathroom?" I asked.

"Sure love," Constanza said. "Bella, would you please show Leticia to the bathroom?"