Chapter 12

By 5pm, we had sobered up and were resting back and looking at the sunset.

"You chose the right place." I commended Arturo, "Its so beautiful here." Everyone agreed. "If I ever get married, I want my wedding here here." Yeah, never mind, that was the wine speaking guys.

We continued to sit in silence as the sun disappeared down the horizon.

"I love you." Estella whispered to Arturo.

"I love you too." he looked at her and whispered back then kissed her on her head that was resting on his shoulder. I sighed, I know I expected breakups from everyone but if these two ever broke up, I will be hurt too. That's what I hate most. I blinked back the tears that threatened to come.

"Come, we have to talk." This time without giving me a chance to protest, Mr. Morinho pulled me away. He didn't let my hand go until we were a safe distance from the two but still in sight. "Start from the beginning." his face looked hard once again.

"I don't understand what you're talking about." I said crossing my hands over my chest.

"If you have researched about me, by now you must know I am not one to joke around with. I have entertained your little skim long enough to help you out, now spill."

"What are you talking about?" Gosh, this was so embarrassing. Of all people it had to be him I had used to lie.

"From that time in the office I had gone to meet Arturo and imagine my shock when he adviced me not to  quicken things and be patient with you." He didn't break our gaze as he spoke, "At first I was really touched that maybe he had heard our conversation but when he went on to talk about a date I had scheduled with you, I was shocked."

"That was nothing." I suddenly went into defense.

"How can it be nothing when yesterday evening your friend called me asking how our date went and wondering if I would like to join him on a kind of a double date with you." he spoke through his teeth coming closer, his green eyes spitting fire.

"Well you had an option to say no." I countered back.

He laughed dryly without looking away making me even more nervous, "I'm not the type to run away from a problem, how could I say no?" he smirked at me.

"That's not my problem then." I shrugged and turned to go back but was pulled back and I ended up even closer to him.

"It is so much your problem." he said looking down closely at me. I thought I was a big girl but with both his hands holding my upper arms, I felt like a helpless cat before this man.

"Let me go." I tried to wiggle out but that made my arms hurt so I gave up.

"I will let you go on one condition, you are going to go back there and tell your friends the truth. We were never on any date."

"I can't do that." I protested.

"Then you are going to do this," he said pulling me even closer, "When I told you last time that I know who you really were I wasn't lying." his voices took on a low tone, "I know you don't want relationships, probably because you fear getting hurt, well that's not my problem, because that's not what I want to discuss. I know you lied to your friends to probably get them off your back," his voice then hardened. "Wherever you got the guts to involve me in your lies. I hate lies so much and I wouldn't want to be involved, but last night my mother had apparently called me out to meet a potential wife to be who I chased away, then she met you and her matchmaking function started again. I don't want a relationship either and if we agree you can keep your lie and to get my mother off my back, I will say we are dating."

By the time he had finished, my mouth was agape looking at him. I have never in my life been silent long enough to listen to anyone. "But we are not dating." I said.

"Ofcoarse we are not." he said like I had said something offensive, "You are not my type." he added letting me go finally.

I stepped back and rubbed my hands up and down, gosh that hurt. "Not a bad suggestion as..."

"I wasn't suggesting. I was telling you what is going to be done." he cut me off.

"Alright then I'm not doing it." I said ridiculously.

"Then go tell your friends that you lied." he said and pushed me towards the other two.

Never. I wouldn't stand the look on their faces, they were so hopeful for me. I sighed and turned, "You win. As long as we don't have to meet or go out." I  grumbled. 

"Whats the point of dating if we arent going to meet." he smirked and again pulled me by my arm towards him.

"Can you stop pushing and pulling me?" I grinded my teeth in frustration. 

"No, let's go." he said and with his hands over my shoulder, guided me back. "Just keep this in mind, I don't like you and I never will."

"Don't like is nothing. I hate you." I said and tried to get out of his hold to no avail.

"There you are you two." Estella said, "What were you talking about?"

"None of your business." Mr. Pigheaded said making us all look at him. I was so embarrassed I punched his upper arm but him being without feeling didn't even flinch.

"We just wanted to give you two some time alone." I smiled at Estella.

"It's getting late, I have to go." Mr. Pigheaded looked at his watch suddenly becoming serious once again.

"Go ahead, we are still around." I said waving my hand, no one wants you here anyway.

"You are coming with me." he looked at me seriously and grabbed my hand.

"What? No, I can't, I have to..." my protests fell on deaf ears. "Wait." I suddenly shouted and we halted.

"What?" he looked at me irritated. I looked at my friends, they were all smiling like everything was perfect, couldn't they see that I was being dragged away without consent? "I don't have time to waste." he said under his breath.

"Umm, my basket." I said pointing towards my lovely basket. He dragged me towards the basket.

"Pick it up." he said when we reached it and without another word I picked it up. My home was just close by that's why we hadn't driven over, but he and Arturo had driven their cars here.  He pressed a button and I spotted his BMW parking on the sidewalk.

"Stop it." When we reached his car I suddenly pulled my hand out of his catching him unawares. "Don't ever drag me anywhere like that again. God help you next time because I won't hesitate to slap you."

"I don't really condone physical violence, but I can see you don't mind it since it wouldn't be the first time from you." he said and I remembered that day in the office.

"Well if you push my buttons wrongly you sure gonna get it." I said glaring at him.

"Fair enough." he said getting in his car. "See you around." he smirked and drove off.

"Or not." I said suddenly gaining some control. I swear I was going to lose it next time he tries to push my buttons. I sighed, looking around and noticing no one, I walked home swinging my lovely basket. The day hadn't been bad at all.