Chapter 20

By the time I left my kitchen, Yva or whatever you wish to call her was gone. I sat with a grumpy sigh on my couch as I unhealthily gabbled down my pasta. I wasn't in the mood to eat anymore so I just ate a little and kept the rest in the fridge.

I had to talk to Mr. Stupid that my house wasn't a hotel, an Inn or a sickbay. I walked with purpose to my bedroom which with all things happening suddenly seemed it wasn't mine anymore. I pushed the door open only to be met with a butt naked Carlos drying his hair.

"Hey cover yourself." I screamed in protest but even my eyes refused to turn away.

He didn't even twitch, "I don't mind if you look, just keep your hands to yourself." he said his back still turned to me with all his backside towards me.

"Just cover up, I need to talk to you." Why couldn't I look away? His back was ripped and as my eyes travelled down I almost chocked. Remember when I told you I knew how your butt would look like in relation to your character? Well I wasn't wrong, because, Oh God help me. I closed my eyes and turned away.

"Talk." I almost jumped when the whisper reached my ears. He was standing right next to me, butt naked, or maybe not anymore. I slowly turned my eyes looking down and turned away quickly.

"I will not talk to you until you're dressed." I insisted looking away.

"Then you're gonna wait forever because I sleep butt naked." he said moving away from me. I sighed in relief but then I thought about it. He was going to sleep in my bed naked, ewww.

"You can't sleep naked in my bed. You need to go and you can't be calling people over to my house." I said rushly.

"So which of the three should I do first?" I could sense him smirking.

"All of them, just find somewhere else to stay." I glared at my flower vase that stood on my living room shelf accusing it of being flowerless. I used to put flowers there once a week, I guess I became too busy. "I'm sorry, I'll start giving you flowers." I slowly whispered but only for my vase.

"You need to be clear what you want Miss. Powers." I quickly turned towards the culprit who was back again standing so close to me. His chest was bare, did that mean he was still fully naked, should I look down? oh my eyes, no, I wont look down. "What's going on in that mind of yours?" he whispered slowly bringing himself closer.

"What? Nothing Ofcoarse." I said my eyes glued to his chest. If I was to admit, every part of him was attractive and that made me really uncomfortable.

"You are acting like you've never brought a man over or even seem a naked one at that. Drop your innocent act, I wont judge you." he said willing me to look him in the eyes which I did at last.

"I don't care if you judge me or not. Your opinion matters less for me. I just want you to leave my house."

"Well, whatever you say about my opinion, but as for leaving your house," he paused and shook his head, "You see honey, this is all your fault. If you had thought twice before letting your impulsive nature take over, all this wouldn't have happened."

"It's not me who went knocking like a thief on peoples' doors."

"And it's not me who invited themselves to other peoples' families."

"You know if you want to play the blame game you will lose because you started all this." I said jabbing a finger at his hard chest.

"I'm not the one who lied to my friends that I had a date with someone way out of my league."

"Out of my league?" I echoed unbelievably, "Hun, you are nothing compared to the people I've dated. You should be happy you got to know me."

"Oh yeah? Which of your previous boyfriends is way out of my league? The recent one, Antonio the banker? Santos the Engineer? William the bartender? Or is it Paulino the Architect?" I was looking agape at him. Which kind of freak researched about someone's life and even crammed it in their heads? I don't even remember those guys' professions. "Let me tell you babe, all those are only people I can hire to do my smallest work."

"You, you.." I was speechless but I wasn't going to let him win. "You're sick and all tha...." I was cut off when lips covered my mouth. Oh no. It was so sudden and fast.

"Calm yourself, my head is still hurting, I don't want another injury when you lose it." he said when he pulled away from me. I probably imagined that kiss, but...I umm I don't know.

I slowly turned away without a word. He had caught me so unawares and unprepared and not ready. Was I just repeating myself?

I walked to the living room and sat on the couch, then touched my lips for sometime. Yeah, I had definately imagined it. I looked at my watch and it said 9:30. I usually slept between 10 and 11. I pulled out the couch and turned it into a bed, feeling grateful for buying it. I had to go and get myself some covers.

I slowly tiptoed and entered quietly. He had not switched off the lights but he was lying still under the covers. I hope he didn't think I would turn the lights off for him. I went to my drawers and removed a duvet and a bedsheet then tiptoed back, but on the doorway, I turned off the lights.

"Leave them on." he said immediately.

"Excuse me you don't pay my light." I said to the darkness.

"I'll pay for the next twenty damn years, leave the lights on." he growled.

"What are you, five years old that you're scared of ghosties?" I said sarcastically still not turning them on.

"Actually yes, now turn them on."

"No honey, today you have to face the poor ghosties. I'm sure they are scared of you already."

"I promise you if I get up to turn the lights on myself I'll give you a spanking of the century." Wait, that sounded soo off. At my age, a spanking? And Please don't let your minds wander off because mine is still in one place. A spanking just seemed so off to me.

"You wouldn't dare. What am I, six years old?" I scowled.

"I'm gonna count to 5, 1..2..4..."

"Gosh. there you go. Need to learn your damn numbers." I said turning the lights off quickly then closed the door and left the room. I wasn't ready for another onset of drama.

I quietly laid down my bedsheet and slept. I felt too tired already with everything and the moment my head touched the pillow, that was it.