Chapter 28

Okay fellas, let's hear what Carlos has got to say.

I hate talkative females, but I also hate females who think they can say or do whatever they want.

In my world, women have no say in anything apart from staying home and just be pretty.

That's how it has always been in my family and that's how I expect it to always be.

That doesn't mean I disrespect women, I don't. My Father taught me well, bless his soul.

After his death Twenty years ago, I was still a teenager but well versed with the business world, so I continued to carry on my Family's legacy.

Then on one of my business trips to China, I had met Mei Lin at an exhibition. She was just a show girl, very enchanting and hypnotising as she stood there unaware of or maybe probably used to the stares she got from people around.

That moment I knew I wanted to take her away with me, so I had waited. Four hours later, I saw her coming out of the building with her friends and I immediately got out of my car and approached her.

"Hello," I greeted my eyes fixated on her. Her friends giggled with their hands covering their mouths.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"Can I have a word with you?"

"What? Sorry, my English is not so good," she said shaking her hand along with her head.

Her companions giggled more, making me irritated because I hadn't found anything funny so far, but I was determined.

"Can I take you for dinner?" I asked

"Oh, I'm not sure," she answered looking at her friends who then pushed her towards me and ran off.

"It's okay, I'm harmless," I reassured her with a smile as she looked weary at my black tinted car.

"I don't know," she said still shaking her head.

"Alright then, here's the deal," I offered her my business card, "Come by my office tomorrow during lunch,"

She took my card and put it in her purse.

"Come, I'll drop you off," I ignored her protests and led her towards my car and opened a door for her. "Tell the driver where you stay" I told her after sitting down.

She turned to my driver Ming Ming, who was also Chinese and spoke to him and with a nod, Ming Ming sped off.

Few minutes later, we stopped at a gated community around the 6th Ring Road, looked average.

"You don't stay so far from my office, I'll wait for you tomorrow," I said to her then helped her with the door and with a nod, she waltzed away.

"Where to Sir?" Ming Ming asked.

"Home."

He drove me home and parked outside. "Don't expect too much from her Sir, she will not come to see you."

I stared at Ming Ming for a long time until the poor man became uncomfortable.

"She will come," I told him finally, "Have a Goodnight Ming Ming." I moved out of the car and went to my penthouse.

After that, everything was a whirlwind of events. Mei Lin, as I had learnt the next day had come and we had gone for lunch and got to know eachother.

She was a woman of less words and that gave me a whole peace of mind. Soon my trip had come to an end and I had asked her to marry me and return to Spain with me.