Chapter 30

When I met that annoying woman again, it was in the restaurant which my Mother had set me up on a date with some woman and she had had the guts to come too with my daughter.

The moment I had entered the restaurant and saw the woman my mother had set me up with, I sat down and told her straight up that I wasn't interested and if she was too desperate for a man she could try dating apps.

The woman looked offended and left the restaurant in haste, but that wasn't my fault, it was hers for being deceived by an old lady.

I didn't mind dining alone either, at least I would get some peace and quiet.

"You silly boy what did you do?" I was not so surprised to see my mother.

"Papa," My daughter threw herself in my arms. The crazy woman had carried my daughter along.

"Mum, what the hell?" I said angrily holding my daughter.

"Watch your mouth," She warned, "Why did you drive away that poor girl?"

"She wanted to go," I shrugged.

"Don't lie to me," My mum pointed a finger at me.

"Mum sit down, you're making a scene here," I didn't want any chaos in this peaceful place.

"Why should I listen to you when you don't listen to me?" she continued refusing to sit, "Listen to me Carlos, whatever you're doing to me your kids will do the same to you," Well, Thank God it's only one.

"Mum, what have I done to you? And for godsake if you won't sit at least keep it down,"

"This is the third girl you're chasing away, don't think I'm always going to be there for you,"

"Mum, stop," I looked at her and tried to calm myself, "Please sit, let's talk, there's a child,"

"The child has a right to know how stubborn and selfish her dad is," I sighed when she finally sat down.

"I'm sorry okay?" I told her calmly, "But just stop pairing me with any woman, someday I'll find someone by myself,"

"How long will that be? It's like you're telling me not to die yet,"

"No body's going to die Mum,"

"At this rate, I know I'm surely going to die," she mumbled looking away.

"Let's just eat here, how about that? Just us as family, you like that baby?" I pecked Bella making her giggle.

"Yeah, half family,"

"Mum, stop, the woman's gone and not coming back okay?"

"Whatever you say son," she agreed looking somewhere in the corner with a twinkle in her eyes.

I sighed asking God for patience, I just know her mind was back to work.

"What do you want to eat my apple pie?" I asked Bella who asked for mashed potatoes with a big glass of orange juice. We all laughed when she said big with her arms spread.

One hour and few minutes later we were ready to go home. As we stood up, my Mum quickly stood and told me to carry Bella. I looked at her suspiciously.

"Let's pass this way," she said making me frown.

"Mum, why? The shortest route to the exit is here,"

"I want us to pass this way, is it too much to ask?" she glared at me and I rolled my eyes, whatever she was planning better be good.

"Alright, Let's go," I led the way to the left then we had to turn right again and suddenly Bella was waving bye to someone seated in the corner.