Chapter 22

"Sheila? What are you doing here?" I asked in disbelief.

"Surprise." Sheila ran and threw herself at me squeezing the life out of me. "You don't seem happy to see me." My friend pouts looking at me.

Sheila is like my best of friends. We grew up together and shared everything. We knew a lot about eachother and that's why I was shocked to see her because she is supposed to be in South Africa right now.

"Ofcoarse I'm happy to see you." I say pulling her in for another hug. My eyes go towards the kitchen where Yva and Carlos were seated. Carlos's eyes meet mine and I quickly look away.

"I've been introduced already, no worries. Babe, that guy is hoooot." she whispered the last sentence. Tell me about it.

"Oh please." I say rolling my eyes.

"Doesn't your boyfriend get jealous when he knows Carlos comes to your home in the morning?"

"He actually spent the night." I whisper back as I pull her towards the couch. I had forgotten to tell her that I had ended it with Antonio.

"What? That's crazy gal. Doesn't he have a home?"

"Oh, he does. It's a bit complicated."

"Do you think he has a thing going on with his personal assistant?"

Personal Assistant? Oh. "Nah, I don't think so."

"Then I want him." Sheila said with a sort of determination which scared me. Uh Oh.

"You can't have whatever you want Sheila."

"Says who? Gal, I'm gonna get him if it's the last thing I do." she said biting her lip.

Why did my heart start beating so fast? "Are you hungry?" I change the topic.

"No, I had breakfast on my flight." her eyes were still focused towards the kitchen.

"Let me get you something to drink." I got up and moved to the kitchen just as a knock sounded at the door. Now who else had a Surprise for me.

"I got it." Sheila jumped off the couch and rushed to the door. I heard a shriek from the kitchen as I reached inside the fridge. "You must be Estella." I heard Sheila's voice.

"And you must be Sheila. Oh my God, I'm going to kill Leticia, she didn't tell me you're coming."

You see, the girls, even if they hadn't met, knew eachother through video calls with me. I reached for another glass, I guess I'll have to make juice for two.

"I'm so happy to finally meet you, Estella."

"Same here gal. I'm so glad I came here this afternoon. Where's Letty?"

I didn't hear anything then I presumed Sheila was filling her in about the hot guy which.. I immediately paused. This was messed up. Estella knew Carlos as my boyfriend. I immediately turned and looked at Carlos.

"You have to go now." I told him.

"Why?" Yva asked.

"He knows why." My eyes didn't leave his as he looked at me without saying a word. "You need a quiet place and with the girls here I assure you there is not going to be any quiet for a while."

"I don't think..."

"I'm not talking to you." I turned to look at Yva.

"Holla amigos y amiga." Estella peeped in and gasped. "Carlos, what happened to you?" she rushed towards Carlos pressing her fingers on his head.