Chapter 25

I'm listening to jazz as I type this, so if this turns out 'jazzy' I'm not to be blamed :P.

I finally wrapped up for the day and put my things on the desk in order.

"See you tomorrow, Miss," Minerva said through the door.

"Sure Minerva, have a wonderful night," I smiled waving at her then picked up my bag and went out the door.

I stopped by Arturo's office and peeped in. He looked up at that same time.

"You're going home now?" he asked with a frown.

"Of Course, it's 5 pm," I fully entered and walked to his desk.

"Well thank God you stopped by or else I would have forgotten," he said scratching the back of his head as if he was confused about something.

"What is it?"

"Your boyfriend wants you to take these documents home,"

"I presume he didn't ask, did he?" I asked sarcastically taking the documents Arturo was handing to me.

"Not as much," he smirked.

"What are they anyway?" I curiously looked through. Certificates of property ownership that needed to be signed then forwarded to the city council. I sighed.

"Those all belong to the first phase property deals," he said excitedly, "Can you believe how fast people are buying that?"

"Super, I can't wait for the second phase," I said laughing along with him.

"All thanks to your boyfriend,"

"Arturo, even if we hadn't partnered with his company, another company would have offered,"

"You don't know that," he said with a scowl, "You know how many times we tried with other companies but because we were a small company they wouldn't dare, until Shuqiao offered. To be sincere I don't even remember sending them our project plan."

"That means they needed us too," I said adamantly.

"Believe me they don't," he shook his head.

"Well, thanks to them then," I said halfheartedly. Just this morning that so-called savior called me poor. I have never been called poor before, I mean I might not be a millionaire but my parents tried to give me the best in life, and I also worked hard to be the woman I am today. 

So because someone thought themselves wealthy didn't mean I would bow and lick their stinky feet.

"Let's go," Arturo said zipping his back.

"Sure," I followed him outside.

"Oh, Estella told me you refused to tell Sheila that Carlos is your boyfriend, why?"

"Doesn't your girlfriend know about the sister code?"

"What sister code?" he asked confused.

"Like what you guys have, the bro code or whatever?"

"Umm, I don't think so," he laughed.

"I have to teach her that now," I said grudgingly.

"So, why?" he asked again.

"Because Sheila still thinks I'm with Antonio and if I tell her no she will kill me for not telling her earlier,"

"So, you're gonna let her seduce your boyfriend?"

I granted, 'Like that solid ice-cold rock can be seduced,' "She won't do that, believe me,"

"If you say so," he shrugged. We were both by our cars.