Chapter 13

Today I woke up so cranky, talking about cranky. Did you know in Germany a hospital is called a krankenhaus? No offense but that word gives me chills, because what comes to my mind is kind of a place for zombies and people on crack. A chill ran down my body as the thoughts ran through my mind. I wondered what had even brought that thought? Could it be that I was going crazy? I dragged my feet slowly and went to the bathroom. Yesterday I had had a wonderful relaxing day so I don't understand why this morning my body hurt all over and my mood was kranken-like. This is the time.   I regret growing up. You have to be dependent on yourself and no one will feel sorry for you. Maybe I should call my Mom or Dad, I don't know. I wouldn't want to bother anyone.

With all these thoughts going through my head, I showered, dressed up and made a simple breakfast of bacon and eggs. Twenty minutes later I was out of the house and Fifteen more minutes later I was entering my office. 

"Eh, wait up." oh no.

"Why are you here?" I turned halfway and asked.

"Umm, because I work here?" Arturo gave me his million dollar smile.

"Very wise." I grumbled and turned to continue walking towards my office.

"Why are you so cranky?"

"Dont say that word."

"Cranky?"

"Arturo."

"Okay, fine. why do you look moody today? Dont tell me you are already fighting with Mr. Morinho." he sounded alarmed.

"I am still angry at you for inviting him last week." I turned wagging my finger at him. "And no, we aren't fighting."

"Great then. Get ready at noon, we are opening phase Ⅰ of the Aranjuez Estate." he seemed excited. Yay, I should be excited too.

"Yay, but first let me finish something in my office." I said to him. A week had passed after Arturos proposal to Estella. I hadn't seen Mr. Morinho and I was happy about that, and I hope it continues like that because with this mood if I see his annoying face it will be better if I just shoot myself in the leg. 'Yeah, easier said.' "Shut up." I said to myself as I rushed to finish up my pending work.

The Aranjuez phase was the first phase of estates for us. It was going to be bigger than our usual openings, well thanks to the Shuiqiao Company.

My phone buzzed as I finished up and I opened it to see a message from an unknown number.  

I'm picking you up in 5 minutes.

I

frowned my eyebrows wondering who it was. Probably a wrong message because apart from todays scheduled plan, I had no plan with anyone else. I shrugged my shoulders and continued with my work then after checking through the documents, I forwarded them to Minerva then dialled her extension. She picked on the first ring.

"Please crosscheck the documents I've sent before printing them and let me find them on my desk in the afternoon."

"Yes Maam."

"Thanks." I said and was hunging up when the door to my office opened.

"Let's go." Mr. Morinho breezed into my office. I wasn't even going to bother reminding him of simple etiquette.

"I don't remember agreeing to go with you anywhere." I looked up at him.

"I texted you." Oh, that was him? Where did he get my...forget it.