Chapter 31

When I told my Mother that she will never see that woman again, it was also like a promise to myself to keep away.

But we always never get what we wish for, do we? Because that same evening after settling in my daughter in bed, I received a mysterious call from Arturo asking me about my date with Leticia?

Now, you might be wondering where Arturo got the guts to ask me such a personal question.

That day in his office he had told me to take it easy with Leticia and I had assumed he had a thing for her but his name hadn't come up in the list of her suitors and ex boyfriends that Orlando had sent to me.

So, I had taken it easy and we had talked about stuff back and forth, men stuff that don't actually concern you unless you are a man.

"Arturo, why call me at this time on a weekend more especially?" I answered the call going straight to the point. I never wasted time on greetings.

"Carlos, how was your date with Leticia?"

"My date?" I echoed

"Sorry, I wasn't supposed to be nosy but I couldn't resist," he actually sounded serious.

"It was good," I answered wondering what that crazy lady had told her friend.

"I'm glad to know, anyway I called you to ask if you would like to go on a picnic as a couple,"

"What, as a couple?" I asked shocked.

"Shit, that came out wrong, you see I'm nervous," he sighed, "Tomorrow I'm going to propose to my girlfriend and I hope she forgives me for having waited this long."

"Okay, so what do you want from me?"

"I need you to come with me,"

"Don't you have any friends to give you moral support?" I didn't want to be part of anything.

"Ofcoarse I do, I just asked you because Leticia will be there and I'm sure she'll be happy to see you."

"She will?" I asked absent mindedly.

"Ofcoarse, so is it a yes or..."

"Yes," I found myself agreeing to something I didn't want. But on the other hand, I wanted to confront her. A date? She was crazy if she thought I can date someone like her.

She was the type of woman any man would wish to stay away from if they knew her from the beginning.

So, the next day I had gone with Arturo and I had enjoyed making Leticia uncomfortable the whole day.

The moment my fingers brushed hers, I had found that I couldn't take my hands off her and at the end she had warned me threatening to slap me.

Ofcoarse I wasn't going to let that happen a second time. I told her, she will play my girlfriend part when I needed her as punishment for lying to her friends about our date. I just didn't know when I will have the need for her to do that.

So, after leaving I had seen her again when the company was opening their Phase Ⅰ. I just saw her for a short while because I had an urgent meeting at my office and I had needed the papers she possessed.

Then she had double crossed me, by going behind my back to see my Mum.

That night I had been almost speechless but after a while I had handled the situation. She knew she wasn't supposed to see my family.

Women like her who put on a show for the family because they wanted something were very familiar to me.

So, that night after she had left, I had followed her to her house, then when I reached downstairs, had called her to come down to talk because I didn't want to go up to her house, but she had refused to pick up.