Chapter 36

"How did you find my spare key?" I broke the lengthy silence. We both sat silently away from each other but I could feel his scorching gaze on me. Probably finding ways to start a fight. Tsk tsk, did he even know I could fight him till day break? But well, I had chosen maturity. 

"Does it matter?" I felt his body turning to fully face me. "The fact that you were chocking on a stupid ch..."

"Can we not go there?" I thought I was over the embarrassment but it all came rushing back. Imagine a grown ass woman chocking on a flake. Groan groan groan. 

"I've never met someone as infuriating as you." he sighed passing his fingers through his hair.

"Well, I didn't call you to come to my aide now did I? It's all because of your insistent banging on my door. Why didn't you just break it down?" I turned to face him counteracting his glare. Great, let's have a glaring contest. 

"This isn't why I came here, okay?" he sighed.

"Of coarse you came for your staff, ohh finally. Stay here I'll get them for you." I stood up to go upstairs.

"Sit down." I stopped in my tracks. What now! I sighed and sat facing him. 

"What!" 

"She doesn't even like kids." he muttered under his breath.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked him confused. "I don't know why you just said that, but for your info, I like kids." 

"No, you don't."

"Hey, kids are nothing compared to business negotiations okay? And why did you bring up kids?" My head was bursting from trying to figure him out. He suddenly stood up startling me and started pacing around the floor. 

"My daughter, Bella likes you." he stopped and looked at me, "And so does my Mum." 

"And so?" 

"Spend a weekend with them." This seemed like a request but why was he commanding me? This didn't make sense. I mean, if it was a confession, shouldn't he be talking about himself? 

"No." I said blatantly. "Why do I have to spend a weekend with your family? I have plans of my own." 

"Why is this woman so stupid!" he groaned but I heard him.

"Excuse me? If you're going to insult me I think you should just go. You're confusing me and I don't like it." I stood up and pointed towards the door. "Please leave." The next minute I was pinned to his body in a strong grip. I let out a startled yelp, my body going lax against his. His eyes were so close, his arms surrounding me in a stony hold. 

"Can't you sense this?" he whispered close to me.  "I'm attracted to you for godsake. I want to make it make sense."

"Well, I'm not attracted to yo..." My sentence was cut short by another breathtaking action. He didn't even kiss me. He just brushed his lips on mine and I just turned numb and dumb.

"What was that?" He asked his lips still on mine. How did he expect me to talk like this? I tried to turn my head but he brought his hand to my chin holding me back. "Well, since you can't speak, I need you to answer with a nod or a shake. Got it?" I just stared at him, my eyes planning a revolt already. "Or I could just kiss you to submission how about that?" his lips smirked against  mine. 

I shook my head vehemently and he smiled. Strange, as I've never seen him smile in such close proximity. His eyes formed creases at the corners, this close I could count them. There were two on the left and three on the right eyes. In just a moment the smile was gone. Oh no.

"I need to get to know you, will you spend a weekend with my family?" he asked slowly. I considered shaking my head but was afraid of what he'll do next so I gave a small nod. "That's all I needed, we can know more later." he said letting me go suddenly but not completely as he made sure I was standing straight fast. 

"If that is all, please leave." I looked at him and he smiled again, nodded and turned towards the door. I followed him at a safe distance, he was just unpredictable. 

At the door he suddenly turned startling me again and holding my chin towards him, he placed a kiss on my cheek. "It will be fun getting to know you, Miss Powers. See you tomorrow." then walked towards the elevator. 

I went back to the couch and slumped down. What had just happened? Was I coerced into spending time with a family I knew nothing about? With a kid especially? I started to panic, I hadn't visited my sister, Brenda in a long time because I didn't really want to interact with kids. Even on video call with her every time her kids join the call things become awkward. I just have no idea how to deal with those little things. I groaned and laid back. 

************* 

I sat in my car after I left her house. Mission, though not as I had planned it, accomplished. Any time I was in the same room with her, sparks were flying. She didn't know how much energy it took me to really resist crushing my lips against her the whole time. But I don't believe in attraction, there should be more. 

Tomorrow when she comes to my house we will see how it goes. Mum has been pestering me so I guess she'll get off my back. I didn't believe Leticia liked kids so I wanted her to see that for herself. My daughter was my number one priority and I wasn't letting anyone who wasn't going to love her like she deserved, into her life. 

I drove out towards my home already looking forward to seeing my Bella and telling Mum about our visitor.