☼ sixteen ☼

"We're not who we used to be"

A cutesy little filler chapter to make up for all of the heartbreak I've put you through <3

Harry

Tonight was the night. I was performing at Wembley Stadium, to ninety thousand people. I couldn't quite grasp the concept of that many people in one place, all here for me. It was bizarre to think about, and it got me incredibly emotional.

Selling out and performing two shows at Wembley Stadium, is something people like me only dream of doing. This doesn't happen to people like me. Ordinary people, that grew up in a small town, with only my mum and my sister to turn to.

Sixteen year old me would be having an emotional breakdown, if he realised how huge he was going to get. He would be sobbing when he found out he sold out two Wembley shows. I definitely cried, I was with my sister and Georgie when I heard the news, I just started crying in front of them, out of sheer excitement and happiness.

I had finally made it.

This was it. This was the moment.

"I know you say you don't get nervous, but I don't believe you, how nervous are you right now?" Amelie asks, her arms wrapping around me from behind.

I laugh at the frequency of her question, spinning her around to she's now resting her head against my chest.

"Honestly?" I look down at her. She gives me a little nod, smiling up at me as she does. "I'm shitting it" I break out in laughter. If I don't laugh, I'll cry.

"Glad I'm not the only one" she remarks.

"You have nothing to be worried about, love. Me on the other hand? You've seen how clumsy I am!" I exclaim.

She's caught onto my tendencies to trip over wires, and the little fucking grin she gives me each time, speeds my heart up that little bit more. I'm not sure if she realises what she's doing, but she's got me in a chokehold.

"Where Milo?" I ask, noticing she hasn't got the little boy in her arms. He's practically attached to her, wherever Amelie is, Milo isn't far. This is probably the first time she's let go of him in over ten hours.

Despite all the efforts I made for Milo to have his own bed on the bus, Amelie insisted that he was to sleep with her. I think she just needed to feel his closeness, after everything the two of them have been through. They only have each other.

"Sleeping, he's still got a temperature" she says. Milo had been feeling pretty sorry for himself since joining us. A little pout seems to be permanently on his face, refusing to let out a little giggle, even when I tickle his tiny toes.