I Do

Planning a wedding came with its complications, especially when you only had two weeks to do it. I'd decided that due to the short notice it'd be best just to have the wedding in the garden, it was big enough and the press wouldn't be able to get in. Due to the Christmas theme i'd decided on red roses to be the main flower with my bouquet being a mixture of red roses and white roses with sprigs of holly berries and leaves. Noel had not been the most involved, only doing what he needed to do, like attending a suit fitting and getting his hair cut. My dress is was plain and simple, which made me doubt it but I didn't suit any of the classic wedding dresses.

The day rolled around quicker than I had expected. Noel had stayed in a hotel with Liam the night before due to superstition and all that. My mom who was my maid of honor and my friend Belle who was my bridesmaid had stayed round to help me. My hair had just been curled  as I couldn't see the point in having it professionally done just to have a veil ruin it. I did my own makeup because I couldn't stand the price of someone coming to do it. I slipped into my dress which was a long satin dress which had a long train and was tight at the top. I had a white fluffy over coat to put on the top with white satin gloves and my long white veil. I put on my shoes which were silver platform heels. I couldn't get them too high because I didn't want to be taller or the same height as Noel. The nerves and the anticipation built up inside of me as I stared at myself in the mirror holding my bouquet of roses.

I looked out of the back window to the garden, there were rows and rows of white chairs leading up to an arch of roses with tall pots of roses lining the aisle. People began to arrive filling up the chairs quickly. A white piano was situated just left of the altar. I'd instructed the pianist to play the traditional wedding march until I begin to walk down the aisle then to change it to a rendition of champagne supernova which I know Noel will love. Looking down from the window, I saw Noel and Liam arrive as well as the priest.

Noel looked gorgeous. He was wearing a crisp black suit with a white shirt and tie with a red rose pinned to his blazer. Every time I looked at him I fell deeper and deeper in love. Noel walked around greeting all the guests to start with as the time ticked to 11 am he took his place at the altar, shifting his weight from each  leg and playing with his hair. I slowly made my way down the stairs. Shaking from the nerves, I grasped onto my moms arm, as I stepped out into the brisk December air, a sprinkling of snow began to fall and the piano switched to champagne supernova, what's more fitting for a wedding at supernova heights. My mom began to walk me down the aisle and everyone turned to look at me, the cameras of the photographers clicked. The only person who I was focusing on was Noel, I locked eyes with him as he turned around to look at me. I turned red as he mouthed "you look stunning" to me. After what felt like an eternity of walking, I reached the altar.

I interlocked my hands with Noel and he gazed deeply into my eyes, the snow had cling onto his hair and eyelashes and the cold had turned his nose pink. It reminded me of our first date in the rain.

Everyone went silent and the priest began
"We are gathered here today to celebrate the Union between this man and this woman in holy matrimony"

"Are you prepared, as you follow the path of marriage, to love and honor each other for as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked

We both replied in unison "I am"

"Since it is your intention to enter the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church." The priest said

We both joined our right hands and noel said
"I, Noel Thomas Gallagher, take thee, Lyla Sally O'Neill, to be my wife. I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you for all the days of my life"

Tears welled up in my eyes hearing Noel say that. Now it was my turn,
"I, Lyla Sally O'Neill, take thee, Noel Thomas Gallagher, to be my husband.I promise to be faithful to you, in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love you and to honor you for all the days of my life"

The priest continued, "May the Lord in his kindness strengthen the consent you have declared before the Church and graciously bring to fulfillment his blessings within you. What God has joined, let no one put asunder.
May the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, the God who joined together our first parents in paradise, strength and bless in Christ the consent you have declared before the Church, so that what God joins together, no one may put asunder.
Let us bless the Lord."

The whole audience responded "Thanks be to god"

On second thought, maybe it was not the best idea to have a catholic service but it felt only right due to myself and Noel both being of catholic religion.

Liam and Belle approached with the rings.
The priest blessed the rings, "Bless, O Lord, these rings which we bless in your name. so that those who wear them may remain entirely faithful to each other, abide in peace and in your will, and live always in mutual charity. Through Christ our Lord."

Everyone responded "Amen"

The priest sprinkled our rings with holy water before we exchanged them.

Noel said "Lyla, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit." As he slipped it onto my finger, stacking it on top of my engagement ring.

I repeated the same as I gave Noel his ring, "Noel, receive this ring as a sign of my love and fidelity. In the name of the father, and the son, and the holy spirit."

Wrapping up the ceremony, the priest said,  "In the sight of God and these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride!"

Noel lifted my veil and lightly grazed my cheek with his hand, "you're cold" he said before planting a kiss on my lips, not giving me a chance to reply. Everybody cheered and we stood at the altar holding each others hands while everybody stood up clapping.

The priest interrupted the cheering as he exclaimed "Now go in peace to glorify the Lord with your life."

We both walked back down the aisle as our guests threw dried up rose petal confetti at us. The snow fell thick and fast, covering the ground in a blanket of white snow. We posed for photos for the photographer with our families. The day was magical. Me and Noel headed down to his chocolate brown rolls Royce which was parked at the bottom of the drive, decorated in white ribbon and a 'just married' sash hanging on the bottom.

We sat in the car trying to warm up, "Merry Christmas" I whispered to Noel. To which he replied " I don't think I hate Christmas anymore".
I laughed and said "this was the best Christmas ever plus I never thought I'd have Paul Weller and Paul McCartney at my wedding!"
Noel shrugged and said "well that's cos ya didn't know you'd be marrying me"
We drove up to the registry office in the Centre of London to register our marriage legally. On the drive there the streets were lined with paparazzi. Me and Noel hung out the window waving like royalty at them and laughing like a pair of naughty kids. This was the best day of my life, without a shadow of a doubt.