A letter from a lost lover

The next few weeks flew by. My pregnancy was starting to show slightly and seeing the bump made me 100x more sure that I wanted this baby. Noel and oasis had left again for tour leaving me all on my own again. Since my appearance on the runway I'd been appearing in the paper more frequently and had been booked in to model for magazines, however I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do it considering my pregnancy.

The fresh January wind whipped through my room in supernova heights shocking me awake. The tips of my toes felt frostbitten and numb. I rolled over to check the time. 11 o clock. I wrapped myself up in fluffy pyjamas and my dressing gown and slippers to venture downstairs. As I did so, I heard the knocking of the door. I trotted down the stairs and looked through the peephole to see the postman.

I opened the door and was blasted by the cold.
"Y'alright?" I said to him
"Lyla Gallagher?" He asked
"Yeah that's me" I said as I took the pen and clipboard to sign for my parcel. He passed me a brown cushioned envelope which didn't seem worth knocking the door for.
I walked into the living room which was adorned with 70's decor. The look of it made me sick but it was Noel's house so I didn't have much of a say.

I plonked myself down on the sofa and tore open my parcel. My face dropped as I saw what it was. Inside was a cd with 'Lyla' written across it in Noel's handwriting paired with a letter. I started with the letter, carefully ripping the envelope open.

'Hey Lyla,
I'm sorry that I can't be with you, you don't understand how much I am missing you right now. I told you that I'd written this song for you. When I say for you, I mean for you. I don't want to release this because it's your song. The cd that you've got is the only copy of it so don't lose it. I love you more than anything in this world,
All of my love
Noel x'

The letter moved me to tears. I sat on the sofa balling my eyes out. Fucking hormones were turning me into an emotional wreck. I got up off the settee and strode over to the hi-fi on the other side of the room. Noel had left the lyric sheet in the cd case. I popped the cd into the tray and pressed play.

The sound of Noel's guitar filled the room again, it was a sound the walls had long forgotten. His voice gave me shivers.

Calling all the stars to fall
And catch the silver sunlight in your hands
Call for me to set me free
Lift me up and take me where I stand
She believes in everything
And everyone and you and yours and mine
I waited for a thousand years
For you to come and blow me out my mind

Hey Lyla
The stars about to fall
So what you say Lyla
The world around us makes me feel so
Small Lyla
If you can't hear me call
Then I can't say Lyla
Heaven help you catch me if I fall

She's the queen of all I've seen
And every song and city far and near
Heaven help my mademoiselle
She rings the bell for all the world to hear

Hey Lyla
The stars about to fall
So what you say Lyla
The world around us makes me feel so
Small Lyla
If you can't hear me call
Then I can't say Lyla
Heaven help you catch me if I fall

Hey Lyla
The stars about to fall
So what you say Lyla
The world around us makes me feel so
Small Lyla
If you can't hear me call
Then I can't say Lyla
Heaven help you catch me if I fall

Hey Lyla
Hey Lyla
Hey Lyla
Hey Lyla

The song. It was unbelievable. I sat on the floor clutching one of Noel's shirts that smelt like him. I was going crazy without him. As the song ended, I bolted to the phone and automatically dialed Noel's cell phone.

"Lyla?" Noel answered.
The loud sound of dance music and rowdy shouting people blared in the background making it hard for me to hear him.
"Hi! I got your song" I said down the phone.
He slurred "did you like it???"
I couldn't focus on what he was saying, I could hear the sound of women in the background talking and him laughing.
"It was great." I said dryly.
I knew that he was high and drunk and god knows what else but I couldn't help but feel annoyed by him at the moment.
"Look Lyly I'm gonna have to go" he slurred again as he hung up, not giving me the chance to respond.

I was seething. Here I am, carrying his baby, looking after his house, missing him and yet there he is laughing it up in clubs with hookers and whores while getting of his face. I was furious.

I grabbed the phone book from under the desk and looked in it, finding who I wanted almost immediately.

Quickly I pressed the buttons dialing the number shown in the book.
"Hello?" He said down the phone
"Y'alright Damon, it's Lyla, do you want to go out later??" I asked, I knew exactly what I was doing and I didn't give a shit what Noel thought about it.