Part Forty-Five: Chapter 343: A Change In Management Pt.3

Three hours earlier....

Jason, adorned in his Red Hood suit, with six of the Riddler's men at his side, enters an apartment building. He carried Lucy in his arms, held tightly to his chest. An additional dozen men had surrounded and secured the building. And it wasn't just for his safety, or for Lucy's. Jason approaches an apartment door. He reaches into his pocket, pulls out his phone, and deactivates his voice chip. Then he removes his helmet, and hesitates a moment before he knocks on the door.

A Latino girl with her hair in corn rolls answers the door. Her eyes fall on Jason with a gasp. Naturally she thinks the murderous Clown Prince Of Crime is at her door and she's stricken with fear. The girl was a very old friend of Jason's. They had met at the orphanage. She was one of the very few people who knew that he was once Robin.

"Molly, it's me, listen to my voice, look into my eyes," Jason stares at her intently.

"Jason???" She stares back at him in shock and confusion. But she must believe him, because after a moment of hesitation, she reluctantly let's him in. "You wanna tell me what the hell is going on? Why do you look like the freaking Joker?? Who the hell are these armed men?? And whose child is that??" The woman quickly asks. Needing desperately to understand what was going on.

Jason looks down, "It's complicated. I need you to just trust me. I know what I'm doing,"

he taps on a button on his phone reactivating the voice chip

he taps on a button on his phone reactivating the voice chip. "These men are here to protect you," he says and of course she notices the voice change.

"Oh my god, you even sound like him," Molly gasps with a hand going to her mouth in shock. What in the hell was he up to? "What are you going to do?"

"I promise to tell you, I just can't right now," he takes a step toward her, handing Lucy off to her, "This is Lucy. She's my daughter."

"Daughter?!" Molly carefully takes Lucy looking her over. She could definitely see the resemblances. When had he found the time to have a daughter? And who in the world was the mother?

"Lucy, this is daddy's old friend Molly Jensen. You're going to have a sleepover here with her. You'll have lots of fun," Jason says.

"You just show up at my door for the first time in years, and ask me to babysit???"

"I know it's shocking, but I really need your help Molly," he tells her.

Molly nervously smiles at Lucy, "Yeah we can play hide and seek, doesn't that sound like fun?"

"Yeah," Lucy claps her hands.

Jason turns to the Riddler's men, "You better pray nothing happens to either of them."

"We got them sir," one nods.

Jason turns to Molly and kisses Lucy's forehead. "Jason be careful," Molly says.