Part Forty-Five: Chapter 344: A Change In Management Pt. 4

Amusement mile was quite when Harley, Jason, and Jester returned. They found Frost still fast asleep. Julia stood staring at the Joker with a gun on her lap. The Joker just stared right back at her, both of them unblinking.

 The Joker just stared right back at her, both of them unblinking

"Everything ok?" Jester asks her.

"Yeah, fine," she nods finally breaking eye contact with the Joker.

Jason opens up a case he's carrying. Inside of it is his Red Hood suit. He starts to take off his jacket and unbutton his shirt as he sneers at the Joker. "I wouldn't want to get blood on such an expensive suit," he says.Once it's on he approaches the Joker and removes his gag. "Anything you want to say before we get started?"

"My my how terrified four armed people must be of little old me. Have to keep me bound because I'm too much for you? Is that it? Hum?" He smirks.

"Nobody here is afraid a you," Harley snaps.

"You could at least let me die on my feet. I think I've earned that right," he stares up at Jason.

Jason nods, "Fair enough. It'll be more fun watching you try to fight me anyway. We both know I'm stronger and faster than you. I guess I have you to thank for that. Had you not killed me and Bruce put me in that Lazarus pit, I wouldn't be."

The Joker gives him a deadpanned expression, "Your welcome," he rasps.

Jason nods to Jester, "Cut him loose."

Jester hesitantly pulls a knife and flicks it open. Then he starts to slowly make his way over to his twin. He kneels next to him. He starts to cut him loose with his left hand that the Joker hadn't broken. The Joker's head turns to the side and his eyes glare at Jester.

"Well if it isn't the "good" twin. Heh-heh," he giggles. "You know, I've always known where I'll be going when I die. I know my sins. You know, Dante's Inferno comes to mind. The nine rings of hell...yeah I'll probably be seeing them all. The first is limbo, the escapable ring. But of course my sins run much deeper, don't they?" He says as Jester continued to free him. "The second is lust, that one doesn't sound so bad actually, I imagine I'll enjoy descending deeper through it. The third is gluttony. As we know, there's many types of gluttony and I've certainly indulged there. The fourth is greed, and I've certainly had my moments. The fifth is wrath, and I imagine I'll get to know that ring pretty well. Six is the beginning of the lower rings with heretics. I imagine I probably fit the bill. The seventh is violence. I could see that ring being my final destination, my home. The eighth is for fraud, I'm sure I'll visit, but I don't think it quite suits me fully. And the ninth..." He jerks his arm loose causing Jester to Jump. The Joker and Jester both rise to their feet at the same time. "They say the devil himself resides in the ninth ring. Tell me brother, do you know what sins share this ring with him? Hum?"

Jester's eyes fall to the floor, because of course he knew. His IQ was the same as his twin brothers. He's read Dante's Inferno. And he knows exactly where this punchline was going. And with a regretful clench in his chest, he knew that whatever I was about to say, would probably be accurate.