Part Thirty-Two: Chapter 245: A Turn Of Fate

A blacked out window lowers as a man approached it. The Riddler looks up at him with a blank face.

The man extends out a folded piece of paper to the Riddler

The man extends out a folded piece of paper to the Riddler. He unfolds it and lowers the round rimmed green glasses over his eyes. His eyes scan across the words. He then folds it and reaches over to roll the window back up. His driver pulls away and a sly smile comes to the Riddler's face.

*********************

"You're absolutely sure that we can trust this informant?" Jim Gordon stares at the detective who has asked to meet with him.

The detective claimed to have a lead on the Joker's whereabouts. Gordon gets a lot of false leads on the Joker every day. So he's always hesitant to send out strike teams and SWAT. It wasted the tax payers money. And due to the politics of his job, the police commissioner can't afford to upset the public.

"Yes sir, I trust them. We've used them in the past and their leads were always forthcoming," the detective assures him.

Gordon sighs, "Alright, but I want you to do survalence and be sure before we go in guns blazing. We can't afford to be laughed at on the evening news."

"Yes sir," the detective says and leaves Gordon's office.

****************

"Ok," Gordon says and addresses a group of his men, "We've got one shot as this. The element of surprise is on our sides. We go in quietly as soon as the security system is breached. Hopefully no one is looking at the moniters. Only fire if fired upon. Snipers, not without my say. Am I perfectly clear?"

"Yes sir!"

"Take positions," Gordon nods.

*********************

"Master Bruce sir," says Alfred over an intercom on a wrist device Bruce had on.

"What is it Alfred?" He asks as he looks up from a stack of paperwork on his desk in the library.

"Sir, it seems as if commissioner Gordon has learned the location of the Joker. His teams are infiltrating Mr. Freeze's secret lab as we speak," Alfred tells him.

Bruce jumps up. His heart races as he rushes to the batcave. He quickly suits up and jumps into the batmobile. He knew he couldn't stop Gordon. But he had to stress to him the importance of keeping this all out of the media. He races the batmobile as fast as he can toward Freeze's secret lab.

************************

Two SWAT guys descend a rope just above two of Freeze's men guarding the entrance of his secret lab. They simultaneously drop down on them and overpower and silence is them. They're dragged away and thrown in a SWAT van. Then Alpha team moved into the complex in complete silence.

**********************

Bruce puts a piece of C4 on the rock cliff wall. He moves away and detonates it. The rock has crumbled away, leaving a hole. Bruce quickly goes inside. He had set the blast up to go through the thinnest section of barrier rock. He's inside of an electrical axcess room that was just off the lab itself.