202

Chaeyoung pondered if she should ignore Jisoo's invite for breakfast and leave before repeating in her mind, 'Behave like a grown-up.'

She will have to face Jisoo if she stays in the Mocon so she didn't want to throw any childish acts. Keeping her complex emotions in check, she went towards him to hand the microchip.

She was just a few steps away from Jisoo when she opened her palm stretching her hand toward him showing him the microchip.

Jisoo's face darkened as soon as his eyes laid on the microchip. Several things ran in his mind including a flicker of doubt at the woman in front of him.

If she had any plan against him, she wouldn't have shown him in the first place. Upon that she indeed looked clueless about it.

So how did the bug enter my villa?

Chaeyoung saw his gaze fixed on her palm so she wanted to tell him how she got that, "I got this on the floor. I don't..."

Jisoo who knew it was a bug to overhear them didn't want her words to alert the person behind it. He rushed to her.

Chaeyoung gasped and stumbled back instinctively. Jisoo's right had encircled her waist, his left hand flew on her lips as he twirled around and pushed her against the wall to keep her in check.

Everything happened so fast that Chaeyoung felt her heart drumming against her ribs, her eyes wide as saucers looking at the man.

It didn't take her long to realize her heart wasn't beating because of fright but because of the man who was holding her.

Jisoo didn't let her speak and unwrapped her arm and opened her fist. His eyes glued on her hand and her eyes moistened realizing she was falling for him.

Falling for him? But why?

She was aware of the attraction and physical desire. She had felt those to him the previous night when she saw him in the bar counter, when she flirted and when they were physically intimate.

But her feelings had changed. Her desire wasn't physically anymore but her heart was yearning while her brain seemed to be shut off without functioning even when his eyes shifted on her face.

Jisoo who signaled her to be quiet without talking didn't earn the response. He took the microchip from her hand and waved, his hand in front of her face.

'Why is she infatuated so much?' He thought in confusion.

Yet Chaeyoung stood frozen. Her moistened hazel eyes were shimmering and he didn't want to look at it for long. He preferred to focus on the problem.

He left her lips and uttered a low voice, "Chaeyoung..."

Chaeyoung who was lost in her thoughts sniffled unmindfully. She felt a tear trickle down on her cheek and froze.

Jisoo: "..."

'Did I suffocate her? Did I press her hard on the wall?' Jisoo was clueless behind her tears.

Looking at the chip and Chaeyoung, despite having the urge to ask her what's wrong, he had to take care of the chip.

He rushed towards the study but returned back to her. Chaeyoung almost shrieked when his face closed up but Jisoo calmly whispered in her ear, "Stay here. There is a problem."

He swiftly went to the study without noticing Chaeyoung blushed when his hot breath fell on her neck.

It wasn't the first time a man was close to her. It wasn't the first time Jisoo whispered to her but her naive reaction to it was the first time.