369

James could have ignored the couple. He went to Ruby Jane because he wanted to see how she reacts in critical situations. His heedful eyes caught her jaws tighten but her face stayed so calm that he couldn't judge her. He found her hard to deal with.

Yet he snickered to provoke them and turned his heels without responding to her question. After speaking with Seungri, James understood it was a long grudge and she was planning Seungri's downfall for two years. So the lawyer couldn't be somebody unknown who might leak her secret. So he doubted he might be Nikun and placed the puzzles. He didn't invite Nikun yesterday to know about Ruby Jane, but to trick him into his plan.

James's eyes met Lisa's dark gaze and lost his tracks. A kind of fear clutched his throat. He failed to shift his gaze away and tripped himself.

His apprentices and assistants ran over while James held the wall to balance himself. Only then did he realize his heart was pounding. He glanced back again and saw Ruby Jane still calm. Shaking off his thoughts, he went inside the courtroom.

Nikun's assistants weren't confident to handle themselves and they hardly knew anything about the case. Yet, they started discussing how to handle the situation.

Jisoo looked at calm Ruby Jane and cold Lisa. "How could you guys wait? We have no time to arrange for a different lawyer."

Ruby Jane glanced at him and her eyes moved towards the gate, "He will come."

"How are you so sure?" Jisoo couldn't help from asking.

Lisa glanced at her and responded to Jisoo, "Alex went to pick Nikun," If there was any trouble, he would have notified them immediately. Whatever James might try to do, he couldn't attack Nikun with people.

"Then call Alex." Jisoo fetched his mobile to make sure they were fine.

He was yet to click on the call, he heard Milo Wen's voice, "They came."

Not just four, the whole media's attention shifted to the rows of cars making way towards the entrance of the court.

Everyone: "..."

Parade? Even Ruby Jane was speechless looking at the procession of cars for Nikun's entry.

"Lili, don't you think this is a little overboard?"

This wasn't Nikun's style. Lisa carefully watched and pinched his nose bridge. Nikun got off the car and hurried towards them as there were less than five minutes. Ruby Jane saw many men in suits following him.

"Did Brother Jaxon send his lawyers?" Those men were foreigners.

It didn't need an answer and four of them were sure it was Jaxon aka the Evans family act. Suddenly she felt tired, 'This is too much.'

Nikun didn't seem to be tense. He was in a hurry and there was a wicked playful smile on his face. That was rare to see on Nikun's face for others excluding his team. His team members breathed in relief, it wasn't that they couldn't handle the case, the case was high profile and they didn't feel worthy enough to handle it.

Nikun reached them looking at the calm Ruby Jane. He apologized instead of being angry for the full team behind him. "I am sorry for being late. Let's get inside first." He paused, "You guys speak, I need to deal with somebody." He patted Lisa's arm hurried inside.

The four knew who that somebody was. They didn't have the chance to say anything when they saw him entering inside. One among eight foreign international lawyers introduced himself, "President Evans, I am Driss Carlos. Mr. Evans has instructed us to assist Mr. Morris."

Ruby Jane: "..."

Ruby Jane looked at the row of people and insisted, "How about one among you assist Nikun? I would prefer not to waste your time."