259

Ruby Jane woke up before lunchtime. Lisa had promptly listened to her and took a rest, cuddling her. Looking at him sleeping peacefully, Ruby Jane had to control herself from thinking of sleeping again or waking him up doing something mischief.

She had some work before he woke up. Pecking on his cheek, she carefully slid off his arms and got off the bed. The mansion was in complete silence when she went to Ariel's room. Ariel had a big wardrobe and Ariel's choice was opposite to Ruby Jane's. So the black and dark colors were too few and had numerous colors.

Lisa had already arranged for her needs but she wanted something different. Browsing through the collection she selected the one that picked her interest.

She returned to Lisa's room, used his bathroom where her toiletries were arranged. After a quick shower, she silently left the room without disturbing Lisa.

She was at the stairs when she saw joyless and pensive Jordan walking out of his room. He stiffened at the sight of her.

Looking at him, Ruby Jane realized she really wasn't angry at him. She knew Jordan would do anything if it's for Lisa or any of the family member's safety. Growing up with a family who never cared about her, Jordan's concern and love of his family was something she longed for so she was glad he focused on keeping Lisa safe.

Upon that, Jordan gave up the career he loved, his wife was punishing him for so long years. From the time Lisa was longing for her, Jordan was also longing for his wife. Both were in pain when she was the one who forgot everything and lived freely.

Probably she would have grown up and stayed protective under Lisa if they were together. She wouldn't have known the cruel world and be the innocent who would be helpless in major troubles.

Today, whatever she was, it had a contribution from the past. It did hurt her thinking of Lisa waiting to return to her, loving her from afar, when she lived without identifying him. For that, she won't be able to forgive Jordan and also herself.

In the end, everything was to protect Lisa. Even though Jordan wasn't regretting keeping Lisa away, he was guilty of how his decision and words caused her pain, and that in turn was hurting Lisa. So she would do anything to keep Lisa with the Manoban family and she wouldn't treat Jordan with hostility.

Jordan, who had held his breath, breathed out in wonder when Ruby Jane reached him and wrapped her arms around him. "Grandfather Jordan, everything will be alright. Let's make it better." Her calming voice immediately put his heart at ease.

Jordan patted her back before she stood back, "It's alright if you are angry."

Ruby Jane shook her head hearing his gently weak tone. She held his arm as both went downstairs, "One who suffered the unfairness most, all these years is Lisa. I was weak to handle myself, you were panicked about the situation but what was his mistake?... Loving me? Being dutiful to you? So if I think of him, not just you, grandfather, I can't forgive myself either."

Hearing her view, Jordan blamed himself more. In that emergency, probably he should have just thought of the current problem but he assumed they might attack again so he sent Lisa to a different country. Now thinking back, there were numerous solutions to the same problem, then all that came to his mind were negatives and problems which might happen so he got only one solution.

One important thing he liked about Ruby Jane, she didn't lie to him. She was true to herself and him revealing she couldn't forgive him. Despite that, she kept it aside and treated him the same.

"Why am I the last one to know you?" He remarked turning to her after alighting the steps. His hand caressed her head, "I won't blame the situation, neither you. I know I wronged you all, I will try to be rational. Let's make up for whatever we have lost."