242

Ruby Jane was asked many questions about scams that she didn't even know about. Those officers didn't let her take a wink of sleep or sip an ounce of water. It was a kind of torture they were using on her as they didn't have permission to hurt her.

They screamed at her, forced her, threatened her but Ruby Jane truly had nothing to speak for the whole night other than bearing the headache of their shrill voices.

When she didn't know anything about what they were asking, how could she even respond to their questions?

Outside the four walls of the interrogation room, the whole country started discussing the issue. All the major newspapers had a name, 'Ruby Jane.' The news channels were saying every rubbish thing about her, the social media was in an uproar.

Somebody released on social media that Ruby Jane is President of Skylar and girlfriend of Lisa Manoban. It spread like wildfire affecting two companies and the Manoban family.

Lisa, Zain, Jisoo, Mino were trying their best but they were of no use. They were struggling to find a way out but nothing was fruitful

The lost and hopeless eyes on their faces made her heart ache so badly that it started suffocating her.

....

Ruby Jane jolted up from her nightmare and breathed heavily. The drops of sweat trickled down her forehead while her eyes were still unable to focus.

She forgot the most important thing. She forgot that her identity is finally known to Seungri but not to the public. And Seungri would make use of everything that she misses.

She wasn't scared of what might happen to her if Seungri took the upper hand and manipulated higher authority people. However, she felt her body turn cold recalling how the four men in her dreams, a nightmare to be exact, were hating themselves for not being able to help her.

She can't miss any details. She won't fall weak. She would never leave the four men in a position where they might feel hopeless. She has to and she will protect herself that will keep them at ease.

In the dimly lit room, Ruby Jane turned left to her bedside table and then right, before her eyes landed on her mobile at Lisa's bedside table. Her trembling hand quickly reached for it and sat back. She quickly pressed on the speed dial five as soon as she unlocked her phone.

Lisa woke up from her movements, turned on the lights swiftly. He noticed her quick breaths holding her phone to her ear. He didn't disturb who she was on the call or calling. He pulled the tissues and turned her to face him.

Ruby Jane was still hearing the mobile at the other end ringing when she saw Lisa awake and completely cool. He gently dabbed tissue on her perspiration and the call was answered.

[Dum Dum, are you...] Mino was obviously panicked to answer Ruby Jane's call at three midnight.

Ruby Jane cut in. She desperately hid her panic while saying, "Mino, you have a live interview tomorrow, don't you? Could you please help me reveal my name? I had forgotten about it."

Mino breathed a sigh of relief understanding she was safe. [Dum Dum, relax. Don't worry, I will do as you say.] He didn't remind her what she hadn't realized yet, that's time.

Lisa heard her, slipped his hand to cup her face, "Cupcake, breathe... You woke up from a nightmare." He reminded her.

Ruby Jane nodded in acceptance that she had a nightmare before realizing it's night. "Oh... I..." She looked at the mobile and slapped her forehead, "I am sorry, Mino. I was..."

Mino wasn't expecting an apology. He knows she has a lot to worry and one step in delay might cause too much damage. He cut in to keep her worry-free and stop apologizing again and again "My Sugar mommy had me in her mind instead of her boyfriend. I am honored, Dum Dum. Now I can have better dreams."