314

"Does Jisoo have a history of drug addiction?" After asking, Lisa realized she will have her reasons to avoid speaking anything. He didn't assume anything and put her in a tight position. He cupped her face, "I will make sure Mino is safe from Seungri. I will be right here, call me if you need anything."

Ruby Jane nodded before she pushed the door open of Jisoo's office. She didn't bother locking the door as Lisa would wait for her.

Tia peeked at her mobile when Clark took it from her hand. There was a faint light in the room and Jisoo was sitting on the couch. He was pressing his hands on his ear while keeping his head down. He was nervously tapping his feet on the floor when he carefully lifted his head to the noise of the door. "Little Heart!?" His voice sounded exhausted with a hint of uncertainty.

Clark ended the call before Ruby Jane could do that. He instructed Tia as went towards the other team who was checking the security footage, "Ask him to give a statement tomorrow."

---

Inside the room, Ruby Jane breathed in relief when she saw him sitting on the couch. She was about to hang up the call, it had ended. Jisoo didn't identify her in the darkness where she was standing, "Little Heart!?"

Ruby Jane clicked on the lock button of her mobile and reached Jisoo faster. "You fool, haven't I told you to call me immediately?" She tossed her mobile aside and hugged him.

The nervous foot taps of Jisoo stopped. He leaned left in her arms while she gently rubbed his arms. He took a deep breath through his mouth as his shoulders slacked. His racing heart started to slow down as he closed his eyes, let his guard down around her as he tried to calm down his mind.

Silence enveloped them for a long time while he focused on his breathing and Ruby Jane accompanied him in support. She had expected his condition to be worse. After seeing him, she understood he was dreaded mentally, emotionally. It wasn't because he found drugs in the club. She could guess as he probably sniffed it or tasted it.

While trying to have himself in control, Jisoo had forgotten to keep track of time. He knew she ignored the most important project of Skylar, just to be with him as support. "Six years, Little Heart. You still treat me like a kid."

Ruby Jane weakly chuckled, "Because you are a kid."

To prove her words, he complained, "I asked her not to call you." 'Her' meant Lauren, the manager of the club.

Ruby Jane shook her head in resignation. That's why Ruby Jane calls Lauren the most capable and appointed to the job of club manager which is usually handled by males. Lauren knew to weigh the tones and see the needs, so the first thing she did was call Ruby Jane without letting anybody inside Jisoo's office room.

"I should increase her pay," Ruby Jane responded and heard Jisoo snort.

With light talk, Ruby Jane kept him distracted until he felt he was alright to face anybody.

At last, Jisoo breathed a long sigh. Patting her hand, he made her sit next to him as she was standing by his side on one leg while supporting the other leg knee on the couch.

"I am sorry, I made you worried." He apologized in a flow.

'Pak' Ruby Jane swung her hand, slapped his head harder than ever.

"Ouch," He rubbed his head, scolding himself in his mind. He told himself to avoid apologizing else his Little Heart would beat him but still, he did it. It wasn't only because of worrying her, it was also for losing the project.

Ruby Jane drew a deep breath and breathed out loudly while shaking her stinging hand, "Seungri is doing all these. Should I apologize to you daily?"

Jisoo furrowed his brow when he heard Seungri's name. "How does he know about me?" Other than Ruby Jane and Mino, none knew about his problems. Not even his family. He shook his head to remove his thoughts recalling Seungri couldn't just toy him and sit quiet, "If Seungri knew, he did it bring you here. You aren't allowed to use a flight, how did you manage? Are you uncomfortable? We should visit the hospital. Are you an idiot? Why did you take the risk? Did Seungri attack you on the way?..."