290

In the kitchen,

Ruby Jane saw different kinds of meat on the kitchen counter. She started to think if Zelda had put some quest in there too.

What if she cooks chicken and Zelda says she doesn't eat it?

What is she cooks seafood and Zelda had bought for them?

She knows nothing about her preferences.

Taking a long breath, ready to start the battle, she tied the apron and started the work.

Meanwhile, Lisa stared at his grandmother who was drinking the hot tea. He had thought it was for him and his wife.

Zelda didn't probe him to drink tea as he would surely bring up his wife in the response. "Lisa, what are your plans for studies?"

When it comes to medical science, the studies never stop and if stopped then there would be no growth in the career and respect would lower slowly.

It was a pure coincidence he got to operate on the heart in a short time that gave a young best cardiologist and it wasn't enough. He had a lot to study.

"I don't have plans, yet, grandma," Lisa responded. He was thinking of continuing his medical practice and his research instead of joining any medical centers for research.

Zelda's brows tightened hearing Lisa and scoffed, "Your Cupcake put a full stop to your career then." As far as she knew Lisa wanted to research heart behavior under different health circumstances and. It wouldn't be possible by staying in Mocon or Coasta.

Lisa didn't like how Zelda assumed Ruby Jane was stopping his growth. "Grandma, it's my choice about my career. My Cupcake was never a blockade for me." He always saw her try to unload his office work even if she gets a little free time, just so he could focus on his being a doctor. She was always the first one to give up her wishes, just so that he can focus on fulfilling his duty as a doctor.

Zelda kept the teacup down. It was hard to read if she was angry or annoyed that he always speaks in Ruby Jane's favor.

"Then tell me, what if your Cupcake had married somebody else? Would you have given up on your dream?" In that case, Zelda was sure Lisa would never step back to the country with an excuse for research.

Lisa clenched his teeth, frowning at his grandmother. He could feel she was adamant on pinning his paused career and education on Ruby Jane. He was at least glad Zelda was speaking about it with him privately, or else Ruby Jane would have been heartbroken, thinking the same.

"Grandma, I don't think we need a response to the hypothetical question to the past." He didn't want to think of it. He continued to end the topic, "I am not you. My life isn't my career." If that sounds less ambitious, he didn't care to be called an unambitious man.

Zelda knew what Lisa meant. For her it was always her principles above love, since she left her family to live alone, it only meant her life was her career. "You..."

Lisa cut in as he continued, "I do like the profession where I can try my best to save people but that's not my dream." He argued.

He had thought life was about having a good career, hence he had assumed it was his dream. But the career is just a part of life which he understood after he got his Cupcake.

Life is about living while balancing everything else. His dream was to live a fulfilling life with his Cupcake. So he won't be embarrassed to accept, "My dream is my Cupcake."

He paused looking at his grandmother certainly disliking how he was arguing. He wasn't talking in favor of Ruby Jane, he was speaking the truth. He looked out of the window as he added, "Cupcake recalled everything."