281

It was true she wasn't the real Evans. But calling Ruby Jane 'Fake' didn't go well with the Manoban family.

The people started to murmur between them, some people exchanged tables and gossiped looking at the calm Manoban family. None looked afraid but the smart ones knew the man offended the wrong ones.

Jaxon's heartwarming chuckle reverberated in the hall before a simper appeared on the Manoban members. Ruby Jane had a beautiful smile on her face that didn't reach her eyes.

Was that an attack on her? She wanted to laugh at Seungri's face, who didn't know Lisa hadn't left a single loophole that could be used against her with her identity.

Jordan sat on the couch and crossed his legs, imposingly looking at the man. Lisa glanced at Alex who was in a formal suit with the guest. Alex nodded at Lisa and went to the man who called Ruby Jane fake.

Alex did nothing, he cordially pointed to the businessman to go ahead as he walked behind him.

Jaxon's laughter turned sarcastic when he commented, "Mocon people are humorous." But his voice carried the underlying threat.

He couldn't believe it, people get tempted with money and dare to let their tongue loose. His eyes brushed over Seungri and met his eyes. They held their gaze for a few seconds before Jaxon smirked.

Seungri frowned deeper. He doubted if Jennie really had that close relationship with the Evans to lend their name.

Neither Jaxon nor his parents had any objection to announce Ruby Jane as an Evans. It was Lisa and Ruby Jane's choice to be low profile else Jaxon would have shut their mouth easily.

As soon as Ruby Jane got to know Seungri was at the party, she had alerted her team and the earpiece was already in her ear. Hearing the biography of the man.

He was a third-generation businessman. His father had a good relationship with Karsen, built the company considerably well with the support of M Industries. Unexpectedly, their team found nothing that could be used against the man.

She also got to know how many in the banquet hall had attended the party three years ago. But those people seemed to ignore it or not identify her. She wasn't so important at that time, she won't be surprised if they don't recognize her.

Alex pointed to the empty separate chair in front of Jordan for the man to sit. He appeared like a sheep, getting ready to be slaughtered when his eyes nervously brushed on the confident Manoban family members and urged him to look behind where Seungri was present.

Everyone had their curious eyes fixed in one direction. When a magnetic voice sent shivers down their spine.

Lisa's chilling tone resounded next to Ruby Jane but it was difficult to read if he was annoyed or entertained, "Mr. Hamilton," Hamilton was a subsidiary under M, so obviously, Lisa knew his name. If not, Milo Wen was there to fill him up.

"Could you please enlighten us how appearing at the police station made My Wife fake?" He emphasized 'My Wife.' which was a silent order that you lost the support from the Manoban family for pointing at the woman who was being treasured by the Manoban family.

He did nothing much but asked the question back. If Hamilton was being driven by the power of money in such a short time, how could Mr. Hamilton even know about Ruby Jane? Hence he had no right to get a response.

The guests looked at each other. People don't just go to the police station because they were criminals and Manoban's weren't idiots to accept just any random person. And Jaxon Evans was standing right there with her, laughing at the foolishness of the man.