309

Dylan laid on the bed breathing deeply. He hadn't expected Lisa to have so much patience to let Ruby Jane play on her terms and Ruby Jane to be so protective of Lisa.

He knew silence isn't a weakness. In fact, it was a dangerous weapon and one couldn't judge a person by that silence. Hence Ruby Jane was always difficult for him to understand hearing her limited words. So judging Lisa's silence was impossible. He wasn't a fool to think Lisa stays silent because he doesn't know what to do. Rather, Lisa prefers actions.

Imagining Seungri tied limbs and thrown to the speed boat, Dylan pitied Seungri. Seungri would be untied once the speed boat reaches the Coasta shore. Dylan was cent percent sure, this time Seungri would break down the whole mansion once he entered inside. Dylan breathed in relief as Elder Harmon wasn't in the house to face his wrath.

He was thinking if Ruby Jane would meet him again the next day or what the new daybreak would bring when he had dozed off in exhaustion.

-----

Esme had no idea who happened in the night. Hearing Ruby Jane's plan, Milo Wen stayed in the villa as it was safe and let Esme have a beauty sleep. When the cops captured Seungri's men, Milo Wen went to sleep once he saw Ruby Jane grumbling, cussing Seungri, making her silly faces just to bring Lisa's laughter.

He felt his president and his wife were crazy. One could go any length for her safety and good sleep while the other one would do anything to bring a smile on her husband's face.

Ruby Jane wrapped her limbs around Lisa and kissed his cheek, "Sleep. I will protect you if that little bug attacks again."

Lisa was leaning on the headboard. He didn't know how he could sleep with her legs wrapped around him. "Ruby Jane..."

Ruby Jane suddenly propped her head up from his shoulder and corrected him, "Mrs. Manoban."

A smile threatened to slip off his lips but he held back. "Mrs. Manoban..."

She cut in again, shaking her head, "Cupcake." Then she licked her lips recalling the cupcakes he bakes.

Lisa breathed out loudly. He wasn't going to say Cupcake when she was licking her lips. So he pulled her cheeks, "My love, how am I going to sleep if your limbs are coiling around me? Do you want them crushed?"

He pulled her hands and limbs from his back and slid under the duvet as he ordered her, "And stop trying to spoil me." He won't break at the stare of a man.

Ruby Jane commanded him back with the same intensity, "You stop overindulging me." She could share his worry and lose some sleep.

"Wife needs to be pampered." He argued back.

Ruby Jane countered, pressing her hands on both sides of him, squinting her eyes, looking down at him, "Who said my husband shouldn't be coddled?"

Looking at no hint of drowsiness or exhaustion in her eyes, Lisa changed their position. He needs to tire his wife out else she will argue with him all night.

Ruby Jane felt so little against his strength and physique. Gazing into his sharp-set eyes, Ruby Jane couldn't understand how their argument ended up like this. She heard him counter back, "You don't pet a wolf."

Yeah yeah, she could already imagine the wolf ears on his head, predatorily gazing at her. Instead of saying 'I only pet a cat,' Ruby Jane thought to play him innocently. She lifted her hand near her face and motioned like the paw of a kitten, sweetly saying, "Meow..."

Little did she knew it was a deadly strike instead of a peace flag.

His lips crashed over hers, kissing her ravenously making her lightheaded in no time.