335

Milo Wen entered the room after a knock on the door. He was holding a file and behind him was Shane. The latter looked like a thousand volts of electricity passed through his body. His eyes were wide in shock and he wasn't focusing on anything.

Milo Wen saw who was in charge and flashed a professional smile, "Captain Morse, sorry with all the troubles." He continued without letting the captain speak, "Young Madam is very sad." he sighed. "If she knew these kinds of things happen, she would rather stay behind the scenes."

The captain stood up and shook Milo Wen's hand. He added a response without idea if it was true or not, "I understand. Who would like to handle these after all day of work?"

Maisie's eyes sparkled looking at Shane. Now both could identify Ruby Jane as their daughter.. She ran over to her husband and shook him, "Shane, tell them Jennie is our daughter. I mean Ruby Jane is our daughter. Tell them what she did to us today. Shane..."

Shane was startled by the sudden outburst of Maisie. He glanced at Milo Wen. When Milo Wen picked him from the Kim Villa, he handed him a paper. It had the title of the insurance company.

Since Hayden loved Jennie, he had insured her life and was medically insured with a huge amount - 8 Million. He and Maisie had taken all the money and enjoyed everything. He read the clause which was highlighted. If anybody faked the death of a person with a fake certificate or an incident, they would sue the person or group with five times the amount of insurance collected.

40 Million.

Milo Wen simply said - 'Keep 40 million ready if you identify Ruby Jane as Jennie. Else... be prepared to count the bars in the prison.'

It was a fact that Ruby Jane could still get out of the sticky situation but they couldn't. For emotional drama, Ruby Jane had saved them from huge debt. So had everything under her control.

Shane didn't want to go to prison. So he ignored Maisie's words and squeezed her hand, "Maisie, let's go home." He wanted to beg her but controlled himself.

Milo Wen hid his sly smile while adjusting his glasses. When Ruby Jane told him, 'Jennie's life insurance was recovered by the Kim couple,' he understood the whole plan of Ruby Jane. If she wanted she could have sent her parents to hell, very very long ago.

They didn't want the matter to escalate and reach the stage of DNA check. So if Shane says no and controls his wife, things don't go out of hand.

Thinking that way, Ruby Jane was actually saving her parents. But these ungrateful beings were fools.

Maisie couldn't understand why Shane was stealing everyone's eyes. He behaved like he killed somebody. Her habit of blaming others continued. She pointed to Milo Wen, "Did he scare you by saying something?" Then she laughed hysterically, "If he brought you here, I am sure he scared you. Don't be afraid, speak everything." She tried to encourage Shane.

Milo Wen didn't want the drama. He opened the file he had in his hand, "Captain Morse, you can verify these later if you want. This is the death certificate of Jennie, daughter of Shane and Maisie Burnette." He handed him a copy of the certificate.

Then he took out a copy of Ruby Jane's passport under the country S's registration, "Here is Young Madam's identity proof." He handed another paper, "I don't think there is more needed for this case."

Maisie furrowed remembering the death certificate, "That's- That's fake... Let's go to Kim mansion, I will prove Ruby Jane is Jennie."

Shane flustered, "Maisie, shut up." He awkwardly smiled at others, "My wife is a little confused. I am sorry for the trouble." He tried to drag her away.