237

Tia could feel the man wasn't retaliating against her purposefully. That little moment was enough for her to see the spectators standing at the door.

She gulped nervously when her eyes met Mino's. His eyebrows were high, but it was hard to tell what he was thinking. Then, her gaze shifted to Ruby Jane, who was standing between two brothers with the same unemotional expression.

The man who pretended to attack her was Alex. Alex effortlessly got off her hands as he walked away from Tia.

Tia bit her inner lips hard, feeling guilty. For three years, all they were able to gather was the information of peddlers and their location. She believed it's a waste waiting for the mastermind to show up from the darkness.

Hence she was forcing Clark to take control of them and put an end to the secret mission so that she could tell these three about her identity, especially Mino and his parents, who had treated her genuinely.

This sequence of action to catch Tia red-handed was in Ruby Jane's plan, but it was Ruby Jane alone facing Tia. However, none of them were ready to let her do it alone before. Now that they knew Tia's identity and the situation they were in, they had pushed Mino in front to handle his love life.

Mino sneered, "An amazing self-protection move." He pretended to be applauding her for her swift moves and alertness by picking up the line she had once told him.

Tia still didn't know that they already knew what her profession was. She lowered her head and sincerely apologized, "I am sorry." But she wasn't in a position to tell them about her yet, "I was waiting for the right time to let you guys know."

The five in front of her knew why she was waiting. However, Tia had underestimated the Manoban's and Ruby Jane's strength to gather the information.

Meanwhile, Lisa turned to Alex, who reported him quickly after analyzing Tia's moves, "She has tricks and strength. However, it seems like she isn't training. She could be better."

All glanced at Lisa once without understanding why he wanted to know that. Anyway, they shrugged off their thoughts.

Mino, who hadn't cooled down yet, scoffed darkly, "When was that good time? Is it after sacrificing Dum Dum's life? I would have taken yours."

Mino's words were heaving Tia's heart down, causing her head to hang down. She was genuinely apologetic, especially after how they were treating her as one among them.

She bit her lips hard when her eyes filled up. It took her a long time to realize Mino mentioned 'Sacrificing Ruby Jane's Life.' When she lifted her head, a tear rolled down her eyes. She brushed it off and asked how they got to know Ruby Jane was a Civilian asset.

"How..." Looking at the blank faces who used to smile at her warmly, she pursed her lips and silently wept.

Ruby Jane's finger poked Mino, asking him to cool down, but he snorted. She glanced at Jisoo and Lisa. Both were also not calm yet. She felt like she gave the least importance to her life as they were the ones who went through the pain of losing her.

Ruby Jane responded to Tia how they got to know she wasn't the real Tia Spencer. "Tia Spencer had interned in Harmon Industries. So we coincidentally got her real picture. Then Jisoo and Mino told me, you used to play chess with me. But I always played with seniors, not juniors." But Tia's age is twenty-two, whereas Ruby Jane will be twenty-five soon.

Tia sniffled as she nodded at Ruby Jane. Jennie was a champion. Hence she always played with the ones who were best or second-best to help Ruby Jane improve her skills. Tia understood where the bug in her bag came from.