236

Clark blurted out his distrust towards Ruby Jane and others, "Why should I trust you? What is your real motive behind everything?" Humans never do anything that doesn't benefit them. So he wasn't ready to believe she was magnanimous to help him and his team for nothing.

The rest rolled their eyes. They would have commended Clark if he was on guard against any other one. Even if Ruby Jane had her motive, it was clear that she was helping them instead. They turned to Ruby Jane thinking how she would convince him. Or will she change her plan?

Ruby Jane crossed her arms and mocked with a smile on her face, "Then slog your ass for three more years before the authority dismembers the group." She hit the pride and cued her team to leave.

Clark's face darkened significantly hearing her mention accurately that their group was created three years ago.

Mino and Jisoo: "..."

Even though she doesn't misuse her power, they understood, she would never convince or request. Instead, she mercilessly twists the knife in the wound for not listening to her.

Ruby Jane walked out, with Alex leading her out. Jisoo paused in front of Clark when he was passing by, "Civilian Asset!" He uttered coldly. He pressed his hands on the arms of the chair, looking down at the man. His dark, murderous gaze had delivered his message before his words sounded.

"The day I get pissed off with your mission," That is, if a slight danger hovers around Ruby Jane, "I will make sure none finds your embers." Jisoo sneered. He wore his sunglasses and marched out of the room.

Clark definitely would have lost his teeth from grinding if they had stayed longer. Despite knowing they were secret armed forces, he couldn't believe they threatened him. It wasn't hard for him to hurt them, but it was easy for them to annihilate him and his team.

Clark's eyes fell on Mino, who was scowling at him. Mino's words were dipped with excessive ridicule when he opened his lips to speak, "Tsk, you like your subordinate." He just said to make Clark fume.

Clark clenched his teeth, balled his fist, trying his best to avoid lashing out. His chest was already aching; they would leave him handicapped if he lifted his hand against them.

His other three team members, who were sitting in the corner, looked at each other with their eyes wide. Now they understood the behavior of their chief.

Clark apprehended one thing. If Ruby Jane and her friends reached there by following his track the previous day from the club, how did they know Tia was from this team? However, his self-esteem and personality didn't allow him to ask Mino.

A cunning smile appeared on Mino's face as he challenged, "Then watch me playing her like my newfound toy."

"Mino!!" Clark growled at him as he stood up. His body trembled in rage, which he won't be able to vent out at Mino. His face was dark as coal, craving to slit Mino's tongue. He knew the lifestyle of Mino. He won't be surprised if he throws Tia after enjoying some time with her.

Clark indeed missed the details about Mino. He knew Mino's lifestyle but not his personality and emotions. Unfortunately, Tia could differentiate Mino's feelings, and an arrow Mino threw in the dark to get the truth out.

Hearing Clark's angry voice, looking at his extreme reaction, Mino was now more assured that Tia wasn't faking anything with him. Anyway, he was still mad at her. Mad? Probably upset. Upset? Mino wasn't even sure what he was feeling.

Ruby Jane and Jisoo, who were on the stairs, promptly made their way up to the door to watch their friend's show. Since Mino's voice was low, both hadn't heard him.