234

Waking up early in the morning, Ruby Jane pounded on Jisoo's room door without daring to barge inside. She didn't want to witness anything that she shouldn't.

"Oh, Little Heart." Jisoo groaned. His alarm hadn't gone off yet, so he was huddled under the duvet with pillows.

Jisoo guessed the person behind the door easily as it was always Ruby Jane's way to inform him it was her. So that he could appear presentable if his one-night stand woman is still at his place.

Hearing his voice not asking her to wait, Ruby Jane went inside the room, holding her mobile screen at her face, "I am safe."

Mino chuckled, who had watched her the whole time. Ruby Jane kept her mobile at the side of the bed so that Mino could see both of them. She pulled the prince to sit on the bed, but the prince laid back on the bed, throwing his hand on the pillow.

However, he sat up wide awake when she declared, "I have changed the plans, Jisoo." He was eager to join her, so he didn't want to take the chance of being dropped from the plan.

Mino took a bite of his pre-workout food as he grumbled, "You guys are living together again. I want a penthouse on the same block."

Jisoo's mood immediately lifted. In Country S, he and Ruby Jane lived in opposite flats at the same apartment before knowing each other. After a few months, Mino had started living with Jisoo when the three became close. So the trio practically lived in his duplex condo.

"Since you don't have a girlfriend anymore, why don't you shift to my place?" Jisoo was excited thinking about living as in the past.

Mino demanded smugly, "Then the master bedroom is mine."

In response, Jisoo showed his middle finger at Mino. Then the duo started bantering about why they should have a master bedroom.

Ruby Jane: (ง'-')ง

She reached there to tell them about a critical change in plans as they were crying to join her. Should she be happy that they were still the same and crazy or smack them hard?

A hush fell over when they sensed her dead silence and a conceited smile. They knew she would love to do everything on her own. Jisoo was quick to hook his arm with hers before she could run away.

Then the duo became serious after hearing her disclose about Seungri. They didn't have plans to merge Seungri and Tia's cases. After hearing the consequences, Mino didn't show any mercy on Tia.

Whether they should protect Tia from Seungri or not was wholly dependent on Tia's identity and the mysterious, steely grey-eyed man from the club.

"Let's meet at Skylar Industries, sharp at six." Ruby Jane delivered her decree. She didn't go downstairs. Instead, she exited from the balcony to reach her bedroom.

...

Lisa was still at the gym when Ruby Jane went inside to bid. "Cupca--" Before he could finish his words, she had sprung to his arms. "I am sweating." He said resignedly, wrapping his arms to support her.

Ruby Jane ignored his words. Pushing her head back to face him, "I want yummy breakfast. I will be back soon." She planted a hard kiss on his cheek before walking out on her heels, waving her hand at him.

He couldn't find a silver line of tension or fear in her even when she was going to face the mystery which might be disastrous. Instead, he found excitement in her confidence. He loved how well she was balancing her personal life and the outside threat.

He followed her out and stood by the railing watching her alight the stairs, "Cupcake!"

She turned around with the sweetest smile she could ever have, "I love you." He professed, tenderly gazing at her.