235

Clark ignored Mino and moved very swiftly towards Ruby Jane, who was alone behind the desk. He heard the handguns' slider unlock, but he didn't fear. His eyes were fixated on Ruby Jane's fearless eyes. She didn't even flinch when she was the one who caught his movements first.

'Bang.'

He slapped a card on the table and crossed his arms, looking down his nose. This woman also started to irritate him without reacting to his actions and treating him like an eyesore. However, he commended her ability to stand out among the group of men just by her presence.

He saw her lips curl before she uttered without looking at the badge Clark wanted them to have a look at. "Clark William, Executive of Anti-drug controller board." Her words left everyone pause in their actions and thoughts.

It was the Shadow team who first discerned her to be over a call. They understood; either her team or her Apple Pie got the information of the man. Probably a few seconds ago.

They were right. Ruby Jane had sent Clark William's picture to Zain just a few minutes back. Zain was able to get the information and told her about Clark when Clark was repeating to her that they had misunderstood them.

She was surprised to know the group was a government administrative body serving the country. They were trying to seize Seungri through the peddlers. One of the foremost peddlers was an owner of a restaurant that was established opposite her flower shop.

However, since the organization was operated as a private body, they wouldn't get protection from the government, so Clark couldn't afford to offend her. In particular, he couldn't bear to provoke Evans. Little did he know, other than her name, she had nothing to do with them.

Zain quickly explained to her the team's situation and how Tia's information was modified and kept secret. He also let her know the group could do nothing against her unless Clark gets too personal. Anyhow, by looking at Clark's reaction, Ruby Jane was sure he wouldn't dare to provoke her.

The most shocked one in them was Mino due to Tia. However, Jisoo and Ruby Jane were well aware of his every reaction. Mino ignored the fact that Tia was his girlfriend because they had thought Ruby Jane's life was at risk. If Tia had reached there a few minutes back, Mino would have unthinkingly strangled her to death.

While Ruby Jane was thinking about keeping Clark and his team away from their personal life and her vengeance, there was hope in Jisoo when he looked at Mino's complex emotions. A hope that Tia didn't use Mino like a pawn in her mission. A hope that Tia was genuine with Mino even if their relationship might not work in the future.

Jisoo had witnessed his brother longing for his Cupcake for so many years. He had seen Hassan Fisher hiding his pain after losing Ariel. He had seen Mino's stone heart after the backstab of his first love. Even though he didn't know how it feels to be in love, Jisoo didn't want his friend to go back to the same state or go through another painful part of life before his parents could force him to marry a girl of their choice.

He didn't want Mino to have a loveless marriage. Like his grandfather says, life isn't about living with the wrong person. Life is about the right person who will make you feel loved even from afar, wanted- even in a difficult phase of life, appreciated for the smallest things, and an unsaid priority in their choice.

Jisoo wished Mino could have a person he could love instead of the girl of his parent's choice. He crossed his legs and queried without revealing any of his emotions, "Who is Tia?"

Instead of Jisoo, Clark glared at Mino's stoic face without responding to Jisoo. Only if Ruby Jane would have taken men as the salesman to the flower shop, he wouldn't have got this day to face.