371

The more James tried to make Ruby Jane spill about the past, she was calm and composed, twisting her response. So he was reduced to sticking with the present. He wanted to argue as she attacked Seungri first by ruining their project but what she did was lawful and that doesn't mean Seungri could attack her or kidnap her.

After her, he ended up questioning Lisa, Elder Harmon, Aeon, and Sean but they spoke the truth without putting any wrong word against Ruby Jane.

Sean sometimes got carried away and finally, he blurted out in anger, "Brother Seungri is the one who is attacking Ruby Jane from the beginning. He even tried to attack her when she was with me at dinner. I am glad she was able to escape and be safe. How does that make her scheming?"

The courtroom: "..."

Seungri wasn't angry at Sean but his lawyer. He had specified that Sean loves Ruby Jane and he might start beating them if they force him to speak against Ruby Jane. He couldn't believe James tried to confuse Sean and ended up lifting the wrong card.

Ruby Jane wanted to bury herself deep into the ground. The more Sean spoke, he was just saying he likes her without actually using those words. She was getting weird gazes on her back and she had to ignore them.

Nikun took the chance and requested for questioning Sean. He handed sean, a water bottle that was on his desk and asked him to calm down.

"Sean Harmon, when did you get to know Seungri means harm to Ruby Jane?"

"About more than a month ago. I was having dinner at ABC restaurant when his people were waiting at the gates to kidnap her. He even sent a bouquet with a card saying he will kill her if she stays around me. I-I actually didn't believe it. So I dressed like her and went out. His men kidnapped me. My friend..."

Seungri realized where Sean was going. He suddenly stood up, jarring the chair to fall back. He roared, "Sean, stop spouting nonsense."

Not just Sean, many felt their heart skip a beat at his voice. Sean who was standing in the center of the witness box cowered aside in fear.

"Silence... Silence..." The judge shouted but Seungri shrugged off James. The latter had no idea why Seungri was reacting that way.

When Seungri rushed towards the witness box, many stood up. The cops were a little late to react. Although Seungri couldn't do anything to Sean, Ruby Jane instinctively commanded, "Sean, jump..."

Sean heard her voice while staring at Seungri in fear. He knew Seungri could kill him easily with any of his simple tricks. So as soon as he heard 'jump,' he leaped over the witness box and went away.

The cops caught Seungri who struggled to break free. After seeing the handcuffs on Seungri, everyone breathed in relief. Judge Rowlatt, James, and his team were the most shocked ones.

It took five minutes for the court to maintain the decorum. Nikun looked at Ruby Jane, she hadn't told the plan to Sean yet she mentioned Sean would be the one to rip off Seungri's every ounce of remaining dignity. The same thing happened. Like every time, he found her terrific. He had no idea his one question could turn over the leaf which was going to bring disasters on Seungri.

If Seungri was found guilty of attempting to kidnap and attack Ruby Jane, he would have been sentenced to only 7-9 years. Now a new case was opening up.

Nikun dug further, "Sean Harmon, please continue."

Sean bit his lips, he knew this might send him to prison too but he had already come so far, he couldn't turn back. He hesitated to continue, "I was kidnapped, my friend followed the kidnappers. He was caught on the way and we were both beaten. They thought I was Ruby Jane. When Brother Seungri came, he saved me b-but k-killed m-my friend, r-right in front of m-my eyes." He stumbled at every word in the end as his head lowered.